Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Actually, from what I remember, Ya said that we could fill the spot with a kid who 'fits'. I don't recall him saying anything about that potential prospect being a 'game changer' or anything along those lines. When he said 'fit' I was taking it to mean a fit culturally. He also said that kid doesn't necessarily even have to be a shooting guard.

Thus, @IUFLA has obviously been consulting the staff. 😎

Yeah, we've pretty much all have been saying the same thing in a non-agreeable manner. What else is new? haha.

....I wouldn't say that this place is an echo chamber. It's more like a chamber that echos. 🤔

The word I remember was ‘selective’, but yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Actually, from what I remember, Ya said that we could fill the spot with a kid who 'fits'. I don't recall him saying anything about that potential prospect being a 'game changer' or anything along those lines. When he said 'fit' I was taking it to mean a fit culturally. He also said that kid doesn't necessarily even have to be a shooting guard.

Thus, @IUFLA has obviously been consulting the staff. 😎

Yeah, we've pretty much all have been saying the same thing in a non-agreeable manner. What else is new? haha.

....I wouldn't say that this place is an echo chamber. It's more like a chamber that echos. 🤔

They call me Coach Nah... 😁

• Haha 3

Seems that Jeremiah Williams has entered the portal again. He started at Temple, went to Iowa St and committed to Illinois and now has backed off that commitment. I read this two ways. Either Illinois is confident in getting another PG? Or someone really messed up because as of now Illinois doesn't really have a PG.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems that Jeremiah Williams has entered the portal again. He started at Temple, went to Iowa St and committed to Illinois and now has backed off that commitment. I read this two ways. Either Illinois is confident in getting another PG? Or someone really messed up because as of now Illinois doesn't really have a PG.

Williams was coming off an Achilles injury and from what I'd read, was iffy for the start of fall practices...

Whatever the case, they're bandying names like Shannon, Rogers,and Gibbs-Lawhorn to play PG... 😮

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I read Williams could be involved in the Iowa and Iowa State gambling probe.

So, all bets are off on this guy.

Ta dum, dum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting...Jahvon Quinerly entering the portal. Former 5 star...last 3 years at Bama.

On a side note....Trilly D had this on May 29th.

He started out at Villanova and butted heads with Jay Wright if I'm not mistaken... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Damn that guy looks like hes up to something.... 

He has the most punchable face of anyone I’ve ever seen. Looks like the guy at the class reunion that has a few beers then wants to take a sh!t in a paper bag and light it and leave it on the principal’s door step.

• Haha 2