Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Maybe Sparks reached out to Jarron and the staff and that’s why he’s in the portal??

The thought crossed my mind, but who knows? 

Going after this kid is one of those things that just seems so obvious and makes so much sense. That’s coming from a fan’s perspective though so we will see. I would bet if it does happen, it happens fast. 

29 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Maybe Sparks reached out to Jarron and the staff and that’s why he’s in the portal??

24 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The thought crossed my mind, but who knows? 

Going after this kid is one of those things that just seems so obvious and makes so much sense. That’s coming from a fan’s perspective though so we will see. I would bet if it does happen, it happens fast. 

He tried P6 basketball once at Missou, and it wasn't a breakout for him... 9 ppg and 30% from 3...

But maybe he wants to give it another shot in his last year... Between Sparks and Michael Lewis Woody would surely know what he's getting...

If he's willing to come off the bench and put team first, sure ... 

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He tried P6 basketball once at Missou, and it wasn't a breakout for him... 9 ppg and 30% from 3...

But maybe he wants to give it another shot in his last year... Between Sparks and Michael Lewis Woody would surely know what he's getting...

Sounds like Lewis is supportive of him transferring:

Lewis wished Coleman well in a statement: "As a program we are proud of many of Jarron's accomplishments, but none more than 'Boogie' becoming his family's first college graduate."

Former IN All Star from Cathedral. Led BSU in scoring and assists last year 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Sounds like Lewis is cool with him transferring:

Lewis wished Coleman well in a statement: "As a program we are proud of many of Jarron's accomplishments, but none more than 'Boogie' becoming his family's first college graduate."

Former IN All Star from Cathedral. Led BSU in scoring and assists last year 

I watched a Coleman interview after he had left Missouri  and returned to Ball State. Coleman spoke highly of Lewis as well... 

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think that’s exactly the type of guy we’re looking for. (We meaning fans and the staff).  I don’t think there is any way he would be brought in if he didn’t fit that mold. We obviously don’t know his mindset. I implicitly trust this staff to make that determination if the choose to reach out. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Maybe as an IU grad, Lewis is positioning BSU as a feeder school for IU. It might be good for BSU as they recruit Indiana with the pitch - come here and if you play really well and improve your stock you can transfer to IU...

My huge worry was that if IU keeps poaching BSU players….. well you know!

However if Lewis has a mindset that he’s all for it then my mindset changes!?

On 8/1/2023 at 6:18 PM, IUFLA said:

His numbers were 'meh' at Missouri, but it did stand out to me that after that experience, his Win Shares and turnover numbers were the best of his career. 

A 5th year combo guard that seems to have started to have it click how to play winning basketball could be a great addition, IMO. I don't think you, me, or anyone else thinks we need him to come in and be a big scorer. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

His numbers were 'meh' at Missouri, but it did stand out to me that after that experience, his Win Shares and turnover numbers were the best of his career. 

A 5th year combo guard that seems to have started to have it click how to play winning basketball could be a great addition, IMO. I don't think you, me, or anyone else thinks we need him to come in and be a big scorer. 

I think someone mentioned in another thread that he committed to Nebraska.

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think if we would have been interested, we'd have had a shot... Woody certainly had enough info on not just his basketball skills, but his fit on our team from Lewis and Sparks...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Got it! Do you know his name?

One poster here mentioned he heard it may be a longshot possibility at them looking at some kid from Spain.....no details whatsoever

It has not been mentioned by anybody else anywhere that I am aware of.

So maybe this poster knows something, but take it for what it's worth.

• Like 3