Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

11 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

One poster here mentioned he heard it may be a longshot possibility at them looking at some kid from Spain.....no details whatsoever

It has not been mentioned by anybody else anywhere that I am aware of.

So maybe this poster knows something, but take it for what it's worth.

I did notice that talk of a Spaniard has made it's way onto another site.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would be sweet to grab one of these guys coming off a FIBA u19 championship.   https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2023/team/Spain

The 2nd and 3rd leading scorers fit the build.  6'6" 6'5"  both shoot 39% from deep.  Habla Engles?

and shoot 52% and 64% at the stripe, respectfully. I can already hear the moaning and groaning on here.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would be sweet to grab one of these guys coming off a FIBA u19 championship.   https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2023/team/Spain

The 2nd and 3rd leading scorers fit the build.  6'6" 6'5"  both shoot 39% from deep.  Habla Engles?

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

and shoot 52% and 64% at the stripe, respectfully. I can already hear the moaning and groaning on here.

OK...I'll start it...how on earth do you shoot almost 40% from deep and can't hit free throws?  I don't get it.  Jordan Hulls needs to grow IU a crop of shooters!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Thats all between the ears.

That and lack of repetition. Kids think free throws won’t get you to the nba so they short change themselves by not practicing them enough. To me if you want to be a great shooter it starts at the free throw line…that time and work will carry over to everywhere else on the floor. It’s at the line where you truly focus your mechanics and refine your craft.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

That and lack of repetition. Kids think free throws won’t get you to the nba so they short change themselves by not practicing them enough. To me if you want to be a great shooter it starts at the free throw line…that time and work will carry over to everywhere else on the floor. It’s at the line where you truly focus your mechanics and refine your craft.

Couldn’t agree more across the board.  Repetition, routine.  

Any word on whether IU's reached out to Ques Glover? 5th year guard who was 37% from 3 last season. 2 years at FL and 2 at Samford. Transferred to BYU, but re-entered portal on 8/7. Mark Pope blamed himself for not doing more through NIL. I know he's a PG, but an experienced 5th year backcourt scorer would fill a need. 

"In 2021-2022, Glover ranked 34th nationally in scoring when he averaged 19.2 points per game. He also averaged 4.4 assists per game which ranked second in the Southern Conference. His prolific offense that season made him First-Team All Conference selection. That was also the last full season he played. In 2022-2023, Glover played in only 19 games due to injury and he averaged a team high 14.7 points per game."

“Some of my strengths are playing with pace and speed and slowing the game down sometimes. My midrange game is one of the best. I feel like I can get to the rim and get my teammates involved by kicking it out to open shooters,” he said. “I’m trying to become more consistent from catch-and-shoot 3s.

“I did a pretty good job of that this year. I increased my 3-point percentage by 9%-10%,” he continued. “I feel like I can bring a lot of energy and I play with a lot of passion. I’m a good leader, trying to get my teammates involved and rally behind one another.”

https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/11/23826068/byu-bsaketball-coach-mark-pope-blames-himself-for-losing-transfer-guard-ques-glover-nil-money#:~:text=Ques Glover%2C who started his,ever playing for the Cougars.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/6/2/23743206/byu-basketball-recuit-ques-glover-brings-much-to-big-12-bound-cougars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Any word on whether IU's reached out to Ques Glover? 5th year guard who was 37% from 3 last season. 2 years at FL and 2 at Samford. Transferred to BYU, but re-entered portal on 8/7. Mark Pope blamed himself for not doing more through NIL. I know he's a PG, but an experienced 5th year backcourt scorer would fill a need. 

"In 2021-2022, Glover ranked 34th nationally in scoring when he averaged 19.2 points per game. He also averaged 4.4 assists per game which ranked second in the Southern Conference. His prolific offense that season made him First-Team All Conference selection. That was also the last full season he played. In 2022-2023, Glover played in only 19 games due to injury and he averaged a team high 14.7 points per game."

“Some of my strengths are playing with pace and speed and slowing the game down sometimes. My midrange game is one of the best. I feel like I can get to the rim and get my teammates involved by kicking it out to open shooters,” he said. “I’m trying to become more consistent from catch-and-shoot 3s.

“I did a pretty good job of that this year. I increased my 3-point percentage by 9%-10%,” he continued. “I feel like I can bring a lot of energy and I play with a lot of passion. I’m a good leader, trying to get my teammates involved and rally behind one another.”

https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/11/23826068/byu-bsaketball-coach-mark-pope-blames-himself-for-losing-transfer-guard-ques-glover-nil-money#:~:text=Ques Glover%2C who started his,ever playing for the Cougars.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/6/2/23743206/byu-basketball-recuit-ques-glover-brings-much-to-big-12-bound-cougars

Can we take another player?

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Committed to Kansas State today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2