Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

19 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

8 players from WVU will be transferring by tomorrow 

I know this was a joke but WVU had one of the best transfer classes. By NCAA rule if the coach leaves the kids now have 30 days to stay or transfer again to a new school. There are a couple of kids that would fit.

19 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

So I guess our roster is set then? 

Get to work boys and coach 'em up Mike!

18 hours ago, Indykev said:

Nope.

18 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I don't know anything about anything, but if I was a betting man.....I'd bet that the last roster spot gets filled one way or another. 

But who?

Reeves is back to UK, and Chris Johnson didn't include us in his final 3...

Just like to hear a name or 2 that would fit... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But who?

Reeves is back to UK, and Chris Johnson didn't include us in his final 3...

Just like to hear a name or 2 that would fit... 

I don't have one. 

Look at the last two summers. Did anybody have Malik Reneau or Tamar Bates' names on their list in June? Players that are nobody's radar become available due to unforeseen circumstances and this staff has proven that they can close at the last minute. 

I can't guarantee that a late add will happen again (it's just a guess based on history), but I don't consider our roster 'set'. Which, mainly, was what I was responding to. 

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don't have one. 

Look at the last two summers. Did anybody have Malik Reneau or Tamar Bates' names on their list in June? Players that are nobody's radar become available due to unforeseen circumstances and this staff has proven that they can close at the last minute. 

I can't guarantee that a late add will happen again (it's just a guess based on history), but I don't consider our roster 'set'. Which, mainly, was what I was responding to. 

Understand, and if we find the right fit, great...

But I'm not a big fan of doing something just to be doing something (if that makes sense)...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Understand, and if we find the right fit, great...

But I'm not a big fan of doing something just to be doing something (if that makes sense)...

And that's why the coaching staff will fill that last spot if an opportunity arises and not us fans. I can't imagine they'd fill the spot with a player who will be a bad fit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

And that's why the coaching staff will fill that last spot if an opportunity arises and not us fans. I can't imagine they'd fill the spot with a player who will be a bad fit. 

Apparently, we’re comfortable enough with what we already have, that we won’t make an offer just to fill the spot, unless it’s a real difference maker.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Apparently, we’re comfortable enough with what we already have, that we won’t make an offer just to fill the spot, unless it’s a real difference maker.

Didn’t Coach Ya go on record saying that? Some people live in an echo chamber!?

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Didn’t Coach Ya go on record saying that? Some people live in an echo chamber!?

Actually, from what I remember, Ya said that we could fill the spot with a kid who 'fits'. I don't recall him saying anything about that potential prospect being a 'game changer' or anything along those lines. When he said 'fit' I was taking it to mean a fit culturally. He also said that kid doesn't necessarily even have to be a shooting guard.

Thus, @IUFLA has obviously been consulting the staff. 😎

Yeah, we've pretty much all have been saying the same thing in a non-agreeable manner. What else is new? haha.

....I wouldn't say that this place is an echo chamber. It's more like a chamber that echos. 🤔