Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am in no-way a Calipari defender, but what is the hostage move?  Either he graduates this summer or he doesn't.  I am not sure how Calipari controls anything.

Yeah, I don't see it as holding anyone hostage.  There's a couple of clear paths to get away from UK if Reeves really wants to. 1: Get classes passed this summer to graduate or 2: transfer and sit a season.

That being said, it sure LOOKS like he wants to get away from UK when he goes back to his original school and likely pays his own tuition to graduate.  If he was good with UK, he'd simply take the summer off and get the remaining classes tuition-free to graduate next season.  Right?!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Another crazy turn of events in the Reeves drama…UK insiders are no longer confident that Reeves returns. Said he and his family aren’t answering or returning Cal’s calls. Said they are leaning on him leaving. So odd!

I’ll wait until there is an official announcement, but my popcorn is ready with all of this turn of events stuff. What is next on the list, Cal begging on here knees now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Another crazy turn of events in the Reeves drama…UK insiders are no longer confident that Reeves returns. Said he and his family aren’t answering or returning Cal’s calls. Said they are leaning on him leaving. So odd!

It's so nuts to over on Rupp Rafters...a lot of them are saying they'd rather have a 3 star high school kid (Hart) than a 5th year kid who scored 14 ppg and shot 40% from 3 last year

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It's so nuts to over on Rupp Rafters...a lot of them are saying they'd rather have a 3 star high school kid (Hart) than a 5th year kid who scored 14 ppg and shot 40% from 3 last year

Well they are still pretty salty from him going like 1-15 from the field in their tournament loss to Kansas St. They aren’t exactly a reasonable bunch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone know anything about Jaylen Forbes? Keep seeing some smoke on this one. 

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Started at Alabama then transferred to Tulane. 6’5” SG. Averaged 18.5 ppg, 5rpg and almost 2 app. Shot near 39% from 3 and over 86% free throws.

Various chatter from a few sites:  if Jaylen enters the portal, Indiana is favored.  And that Jaylen would be one of the best players on the team, and maybe the conference.  I don't know if this is true, or if it's a bunch of people feeding off each other's posts.

Rupp Rafters has a thread that says Indiana is the leader - keeping in mind that Jaylen isn't even officially available yet, if ever.

Maybe something will happen here, or maybe it fizzles out.  

Just my opinion from what's online.  I'm no insider. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Hearing from some more connected to the program that there are legs to the rumor with Forbes. Ya recruited him to Alabama and is the main connection here. I officially have my hopes up on this one!

It’s time I add…

I WILL NOT GET MY HOPES TOO HIGH

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Hearing from some more connected to the program that there are legs to the rumor with Forbes. Ya recruited him to Alabama and is the main connection here. I officially have my hopes up on this one!

Tulane coaching staff also with Indiana connections in Ron Hunter and Ray McCallum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2