Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

12 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

Is Reeves technically in the portal yet?

Don't think so but it's apparent he intends to get the necessary classes done this summer to transfer.  I find it hilarious that he is motivated to get away from UK enough to take summer classes.

6 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Indiana has someone who is very connected to Reeves and has been in communication with him. When, not if, Reeves hits the portal we will have a very real chance here…a great chance.

I’m not going to get overly optimistic but dang….that would be a very intriguing team next year if we added his shooting.  X, Reeves, Mgbako, Reneau, Ware.  Trey our 6th man along with Sparks and Walker shoring up the front line. That’s a really strong 8 man rotation with Cupp, Banks, and Gunn fighting out for to spell the backcourt and wings. That’s as deep a team we’ve had in a long long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to get overly optimistic but dang….that would be a very intriguing team next year if we added his shooting.  X, Reeves, Mgbako, Reneau, Ware.  Trey our 6th man along with Sparks and Walker shoring up the front line. That’s a really strong 8 man rotation with Cupp, Banks, and Gunn fighting out for to spell the backcourt and wings. That’s as deep a team we’ve had in a long long time.

On paper...a lot of questions need to be answered in the frontcourt and some big jumps need to be made by Reneau and Ware.

• Like 2

Doesn’t seem like Wilcher is picking up steam to IU. 

Read somewhere that one player from St. John’s might have eligibility issues so I think they would be able to find a scholarship for him. 

He also had a “very good talk” with Seton Hall recently so he might be trying to stay closer to home. 

79D110EE-3AE8-4222-BCAE-709D30FAF063.png

• Thanks 1

Tough to see anybody beating out Gallo for a starting spot. I know it's not a popular opinion but I think the team would be best suited starting 3 guards in most instances. . Get Renau or Ware to buy in to coming off the bench and bring in Reeves and we'd be in great shape.

X

Reeves

Gallo 

Mgbako 

Renau/Ware

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paye32 said:

Tough to see anybody beating out Gallo for a starting spot. I know it's not a popular opinion but I think the team would be best suited starting 3 guards in most instances. . Get Renau or Ware to buy in to coming off the bench and bring in Reeves and we'd be in great shape.

X

Reeves

Gallo 

Mgbako 

Renau/Ware

I think that would potentially be our best lineup but not our starting lineup. I don’t know that we have the depth at guard to do that for large stretches. I’m also not sure how happy Mgbako would be about getting the bulk of his minutes at the 4, seems like he was sold on the 3. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think that would potentially be our best lineup but not our starting lineup. I don’t know that we have the depth at guard to do that for large stretches. I’m also not sure how happy Mgbako would be about getting the bulk of his minutes at the 4, seems like he was sold on the 3. 

Come finishing time I agree…it would likely be a better defensive unit..more switchability.

• Like 2

So while wondering why Kentucky and Cal are getting spurned by a lot of portal players, I ran across this article...

Kentucky is 12th in SEC NIL rankings in front of only Missouri and Vandy...12th...

So that tells me 2 things...NIL is the driving force in recruiting, especially in the portal, and rusted Maxwell House cans full of pennies, nickels, and dimes (and the occasional washer) don't go as far as they used to...

The word at Rupp Rafters is that Cal doesn't want to give away any roster control to placate the collectives...and it's killing them...

Thank God our admin saw this coming and set our program up for success...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So while wondering why Kentucky and Cal are getting spurned by a lot of portal players, I ran across this article...

Kentucky is 12th in SEC NIL rankings in front of only Missouri and Vandy...12th...

So that tells me 2 things...NIL is the driving force in recruiting, especially in the portal, and rusted Maxwell House cans full of pennies, nickels, and dimes (and the occasional washer) don't go as far as they used to...

The word at Rupp Rafters is that Cal doesn't want to give away any roster control to placate the collectives...and it's killing them...

Thank God our admin saw this coming and set our program up for success...

Could be all that dirty money used to buy recruits in the past is still dirty money and doesn’t translate to NIL???

• Like 1