Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

7 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Seriously how does Michigan just keep pulling stuff out of their butts? O well for me that is fine. It is enough to keep Howard around which is fine with me. 

Howard has the "cool" factor that has carried on for those guys since 1992; he can't coach for sh** but sometimes narrative will take you far.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Howard has the "cool" factor that has carried on for those guys since 1992; he can't coach for sh** but sometimes narrative will take you far.

I think love knows what’s there playing time wise and style. Him and Nimari will have full autonomy and you will see Jett and Bufkin 2.0, with Reid down low. There’s michigans offense this year. Kind of makes his dads “he wants to be coached hard and held accountable” comment seem ridiculous. But Michigan will put up some points this year. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I think love knows what’s there playing time wise and style. Him and Nimari will have full autonomy and you will see Jett and Bufkin 2.0, with Reid down low. There’s michigans offense this year. Kind of makes his dads “he wants to be coached hard and held accountable” comment seem ridiculous. But Michigan will put up some points this year. 

Love will be a 25 percent shooter in the Big Ten with the style of play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That was 31 years ago. Long before college seniors were even born.

And I dont care about that stupid 30 tor 30. It sure didn't help Miami football with their multiple episodes of it.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, Between2Halls said:

This is funny. 

They really seem to reach out to practically every player that enters the portal and it's been like that for the past few years. Nebraska is another team that seems to show up as having been in contact by every portal player.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

They really seem to reach out to practically every player that enters the portal and it's been like that for the past few years. Nebraska is another team that seems to show up as having been in contact by every portal player.

Using transfers has been Hoibergs MO before at Iowa state too. I wonder how he feels about it now. He won big (relatively speaking) on transfers at ISU. Gotta do what you can to get talent. 

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

??

Looks to be quite a different player than either Smith or Loyer and was an all-conference defender. Definitely like the pick-up. 

He is a 6’1 guard that shot 28% from three and has a negative assist to turnover ratio.

You can have him…

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He is a 6’1 guard that shot 28% from three and has a negative assist to turnover ratio.

You can have him…

That should be able to help out on defense and break the press. He will play a much different role for us than he did at SIU. Adding ballhandling and athleticism/defense were crucial. Won’t be forcing shots like he did at SIU I’d imagine. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That should be able to help out on defense and break the press. He will play a much different role for us than he did at SIU. Adding ballhandling and athleticism/defense were crucial. Won’t be forcing shots like he did at SIU I’d imagine. 

I mean, okay. If you’re counting on an undersized two guard to be your press breaker and defensive stopper, you can have him…

If he is in he’s probably on the other teams point guard, so who is Braden going to guard?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Hmm, that would be new then if there aren’t some big complications for international students with NIL deals. 

It’s funneled though Toronto 

seems very obvious Purdue didn’t want to or have  💰 💰 to spend on a transfer