Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

4 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Big brother didn't inherit little brother's "mess"....

Listen…I’m a CMW fan and have stated that and I’m excited to see what he can do this portal season before asking questions but let’s not pretend that he inherited a mess from Archie. Hell, he inherited an All-Big Ten player (at that time) in TJD and helped develop him into a first team All American. Did he inherit a great situation? No…but neither did Sean Miller. Very rarely do coaches inherit a good situation when they’re coming to a school who fired their previous coach. Again, we had a nice win against Xavier, but they made it deeper in the tournament…good for them and by many accounts they seem to be sitting pretty next year. I’m hoping with Woodson’s coaching ability and connections that we get there next year…it will be year 3.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

22 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Will soon be an American Greed episode 

Nothing would make me laugh harder than if John Ruiz 100% went up in smoke.  Talk about karma...he's the reason NIL got stupid right out of the gate.

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

What am I missing here? He was a starting guard for a very successful team at a top notch program. 

Then packs his bags for WVU?

Seriously, what went on here?

From 52nd largest metro to 366

Loves John Denver & Huggy Bear 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Listen…I’m a CMW fan and have stated that and I’m excited to see what he can do this portal season before asking questions but let’s not pretend that he inherited a mess from Archie. Hell, he inherited an All-Big Ten player (at that time) in TJD and helped develop him into a first team All American. Did he inherit a great situation? No…but neither did Sean Miller. Very rarely do coaches inherit a good situation when they’re coming to a school who fired their previous coach. Again, we had a nice win against Xavier, but they made it deeper in the tournament…good for them and by many accounts they seem to be sitting pretty next year. I’m hoping with Woodson’s coaching ability and connections that we get there next year…it will be year 3.

I struggled with an alternative to the term "mess", but recruiting was in the toilet and the offense and especially defense he had been using were a flop.  Woodson had to completely wipe that packline crap out of the returning players' heads.  Mess is probably too strong but it seems everything about the program (except behavior problems and academics) was off-track.  Coaching changes aren't all the same.  Replacing a coach that resigned to go to another school is much different than replacing a guy who failed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Coaching changes aren't all the same.  Replacing a coach that resigned to go to another school is much different than replacing a guy who failed.

I agree with your statement and maybe I’m misunderstanding but in regards to Sean Miller and Xavier, Travis Steele was fired. 

4 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Sean Miller did inherit a great situation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

I agree with your statement and maybe I’m misunderstanding but in regards to Sean Miller and Xavier, Travis Steele was fired. 

No, I misread and thought you were characterizing all changes as the same.  I overlooked the part about "fired their previos coach".

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

What am I missing here? He was a starting guard for a very successful team at a top notch program. 

Then packs his bags for WVU?

Seriously, what went on here?

I heard that mental health was the number one reason for transfers 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That makes five in the portal for UI, solidifying the "Underwood is a prick" narrative. 😂

In this case I can believe it.