Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. I don’t think that’s it. I’m guessing if Edey comes back he’ll be north of $1 million. NIL is def in a better spot thankfully. 

You've always been a fair poster......but no way in the 765 world is Purdue doing anything North of $1M. The John Purdue guys I know all have said they are so far behind in this game. I mean TJD got to what $750k? At least that's what the link that's been provided on here before.

Not doubting you.....but I guess I am. 

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You've always been a fair poster......but no way in the 765 world is Purdue doing anything North of $1M. The John Purdue guys I know all have said they are so far behind in this game. I mean TJD got to what $750k? At least that's what the link that's been provided on here before.

You guys have billionaire Cook/Lilly Money funding a “charity”

we weren’t linked with any of the big names besides a former recruit in Cryer….you see how that ended up 

I was hoping Purdue was ready to play/pay with the big boys…..oh well 

21 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You guys have billionaire Cook/Lilly Money funding a “charity”

we weren’t linked with any of the big names besides a former recruit in Cryer….you see how that ended up 

I was hoping Purdue was ready to play/pay with the big boys…..oh well 

The Helms Foundation not coming through for you guys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read where Hailey Van Lith of the Louisville Cardinals is in the portal. Are the Hoosier Ladies doing anything in the portal?

I’m interested in an answer here also. We had a local girl visit IU and loved it and was offered but then went Badgers but recently announced she’s entered the portal. She’s a shooter big time

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know tons of JPC folks. Zach got close to $900 K last year. If he comes back, it will be over $1 million. 

Painter seems to have a Chris Ballard-like approach: “draft”, develop, and pay our own guys, with some bargain free agents thrown in here and there to fill holes. We’ll see how it works. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

1932 17-1. Big ten 🏆

1940 17-3  2nd in Big Ten  won an 8 team tournament beating 

Springfield in the first game 

I do know none of us played on any of these teams  

You can complain about it all you want.  That "Championship" was picked over a decade after the fact and nobody but the schools who have them recognize Helms because of that.  Everyone recognizes the Championship IU won because it was on the court, sanctioned by the NCAA, and awarded the minute after they won their last game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You can complain about it all you want.  That "Championship" was picked over a decade after the fact and nobody but the schools who have them recognize Helms because of that.  Everyone recognizes the Championship IU won because it was on the court, sanctioned by the NCAA, and awarded the minute after they won their last game.

You guys seem focused on it though 

never see it mentioned anywhere else 

is this like voting the 76 team the all-time tournament team years later and hanging a banner ?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You guys seem focused on it though 

never see it mentioned anywhere else 

is this like voting the 76 team the all-time tournament team years later and hanging a banner ?

Wait.  You weren't joking?

Being that we are nearing 100 years ago,the sport and tournament or no tournament at all are vastly different, they probably weren't separated by much. 

On 4/8/2023 at 10:52 PM, Seeking6 said:

Don’t think that’s true. I know we were slow to the NIL game but we’ve ramped it up quickly (Brees hopping on board has helped). I’m guessing he’ll easily get $1 mil if he comes back.  I think the Pack situation opened a lot of eyes in the JPC/Boilermaker Alliance community. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If he can shoot then YES!!!! We are the hot ticket go BIG

An average shooter… 33% on 2.3 attempts per game. No eye popping stats but he was also playing behind Marcus Carr, Tyrese Hunter and a graduate senior at the guard spot this year. Definitely a lot of talent and it never hurts to have too many talented guards.

• Like 1

Maybe I spoke too early…

”Morris was arrested for misdemeanor assault after a physical altercation with his ex-girlfriend, an incident that threatened to derail his Texas career before it started, but Beard declined to comment on the arrest and never suspended Morris, whose trail was postponed last month.”

https://www.burntorangenation.com/platform/amp/2023/4/10/23678004/arterio-morris-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal-texas-longhorns

He’s also from Dallas. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Houston.

Edited by 02Hoosier