Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

12 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Wow, I didn't realize they had so long. That has to be tough for coaches to manage. The portal can change daily, for an extended period.

It's a crap shoot

I'm sure Hulls is sitting there hitting refresh every 2 mins. watching the portal.

Can someone refresh on these portal window rules? 

Have to enter the portal by May 11?  This doesn't apply to grad transfers?  What about guys in the draft process?  Is that why so many are saying I'm testing the NBA but also entering the portal?

And do these dates have anything to do with committing?

Thanks for any explanation 

Edited by NotIThatLives

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can someone refresh on these portal window rules? 

Have to enter the portal by May 11?  This doesn't apply to grad transfers?  What about guys in the draft process?  Is that why so many are saying I'm testing the NBA but also entering the portal?

And do these dates have anything to do with committing?

Thanks for any explanation 

Deadline to enter the Transfer Portal is 5/11/23. First time transfers who are academically eligible are immediately eligible. 2nd time transfers need a waiver. Grad Transfers can enter later than that and are exempt from the waiver rule so veterans can move at any time.

The NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline is 6/12/23 at 5PM EDT

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Yeah but it appears Purdue won't be trying to add anyone that could be a starter. 

I guess painter had a press conference yesterday the local guys were saying he was talking about getting more athletic and recognizes the need to change. idk or care really.  Hope they stay who they are

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Wisconsin picks up AJ Storr from St Johns.  6'6" SG that averaged 8.8 ppg as a freshman. 40% from 3FG. 4* recruit from IMG originally committed to ILL.  Says IU and Michigan also reached out.

Living in WI this IRKS me lol

i raised my son well though. He got a 36 on his ACT and never even considered Wisconsin for college and we live here 💪🏻

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Living in WI this IRKS me lol

i raised my son well though. He got a 36 on his ACT and never even considered Wisconsin for college and we live here 💪🏻

They also picked up Noah Reynolds, 6'3" 195 PG from Wyoming.  His assist/to was bad but he was their leading scorer when he played. Apparently he suffered 3 concussions last year and they shut him down in early Feb. Peoria IL native.  Wisconsin could have a different look next year with Reynolds, Essegian, Storrs, Wahl and a typical WI big. Those 4 can all score. Maybe they'll win you over.