NCAA Tournament 1st Round-Kent State Pre-Game

IUFLA

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

The 2 radio guys in Indy this morning picked us to lose. They are clowns too.

I completely understand our play can be up and down at times, but from a matchup perspective this isn't a bad one for us.

On the flip side.... Purdue got the worst possible type of team to play in their game. I don't necessarily think they'll lose, but I wouldn't expect a comfortable game for them. Haven't heard anyone in the Indy media talking about that... the older NYC guards for FDU are going to give the middle school backcourt of Purdue problems. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I completely understand our play can be up and down at times, but from a matchup perspective this isn't a bad one for us.

On the flip side.... Purdue got the worst possible type of team to play in their game. I don't necessarily think they'll lose, but I wouldn't expect a comfortable game for them. Haven't heard anyone in the Indy media talking about that... the older NYC guards for FDU are going to give the middle school backcourt of Purdue problems. 

I did see that fdu the shortest team in the tournament.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Everybody knows what the kid was trying to do for Virginia but you can't make that toss with 7 seconds. I did it once in high school with 3 and heaved it up and clock ran out.....but not with 7. Happy for Furman, feel horrible for the Virginia kid.

March Madness.

UVA had a timeout... you get trapped in the corner you call timeout. Maybe he wasn't sure and didn't want to pull a Chris Webber?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

16 seeds would be lucky to get invited to the alphabet soup tournaments if they weren't an auto bid to the main event. If Purdue doesn't win this game comfortably, I don't see them getting very far. 

10 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Has any team gotten more mileage out of two single digit losses than Kent State?  It’s becoming nauseating.

I hear this. Always a red flag for me when a team's best game is actually a loss. Sure, they played Houston close. So did Northern Kentucky last night. Temple actually beat Houston. Meanwhile, Kent St lost to Ball St.

Catching up on CrimsonCast, and Scott makes the great point that if this game happens in November, no one picks Kent St to win. But it's the NCAA Tournament when picking upsets is the national pastime, so everyone overthinks it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Man.. Purdue's guards are inconsistent, and no more consistent than they are, I have a tough time seeing them put 6 good games together. Maybe that starts today! 

Edit: looked at the thread titles wrong, sorry. No more Purdue posts in this thread for me. 

Edited by btownqb

Finally game day is here. Felt like Super Bowl week. I feel good about tonight but there is that little bit if doubt that has been conditioned over the last 20 years. Strong teams that are going to advance far make a statement in games like this. If PSU can win big, then we should too. Really would like to relax with an easy win today and play to our capabilities and make some noise this March. 

• Like 1

I'm felling good about tonight. I don't see them having an answer for Trayce and if JHS is hitting his shots we'll be fine. And Kent State isn't a great 3 point shooting team. 

Just sucks it's at 955pm. I have to be up at 330am Saturday. Guess I'll hit the Red line energy shots. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2