The non-IU National Tournament thread…

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I was either 6 or 7 during the 2002 championship run. I’m sure I watched it, but nothing to remember of it. Only thing I remember for IU’s postseason successes is Tom Cream’s Sweet 16s

Funny the different perspectives we have on IU basketball just with our age differences.  I was 10 when we won it all in 1976, and an IU student when we won it in ‘87.  From my perspective, I find it kind of comical when people try to claim we’re not a blue blood program, but if you only remember the past 20 years or so, I guess it wouldn’t seem like we are.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Funny the different perspectives we have on IU basketball just with our age differences.  I was 10 when we won it all in 1976, and an IU student when we won it in ‘87.  From my perspective, I find it kind of comical when people try to claim we’re not a blue blood program, but if you only remember the past 20 years or so, I guess it wouldn’t seem like we are.

Hope IU gets back to their elite status, until then, I’ve only seen us a regular program in my eyes, and if you asked someone else my age, probably the same answer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

This years deep FAU run and the IU/RMK ties gives me the - is Dusty May the next modern day Brad Stevens - vibe. I can see vacant high profile programs taking interest. They are having an amazing season at 34-3 and headed to E8

Definitely has risen for IU’s next Coach, once Woody peacefully retires from coaching within the next 6-10 years

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Wow, Kansas St doesn't have a single player that originally started their career there. 

Do you have some sort of point to make here? And again, you dismiss a coaching change...

And is K-State the exception or the rule? Look at the other teams in the Sweet Sixteen...Are the majority of their rosters made up of transfers, or did they recruit and develop? Michigan State? Florida Atlantic? UCONN? UCLA? Gonzaga?

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can’t develop culture that way🙄

OK, what's your vision for the culture to be at IU?

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't tell IUFLA that

Why would I give two craps what Kansas State does?

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Do you have some sort of point to make here? And again, you dismiss a coaching change...

And is K-State the exception or the rule? Look at the other teams in the Sweet Sixteen...Are the majority of their rosters made up of transfers, or did they recruit and develop? Michigan State? Florida Atlantic? UCONN? UCLA? Gonzaga?

OK, what's your vision for the culture to be at IU?

Why would I give two craps what Kansas State does?

I think you're being a little touchy on this one. I made that post because I thought it was a crazy note that KSU's entire team was transfers. 

Wasn't making any other point or even thinking of the conversation on the recruiting board from last weekend or earlier this week.