IUBB Off-season 2023

From reading a bit, you're going to have to pay the $5.99 per month to watch Big 10 games on Peacock... but if they do it like they're doing football, some games will be simulcast with NBC, and some will be Peacock exclusive...

Not sure when that schedule will come out... 

The Peacock games are all on Tuesday nights.  They doing a Big10 Tuesday night thing?  Man that sucks they spaced them out.  We'll have to pay for 3 months to watch those game.

Also in Illinois do they call it the Pico network or is it Peacock?  🤔🤔🤔

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Doubtful.

Several ND and B10 footballs game have been on Peacock this season, and you have to subscribe to their premium service to watch the games. I think it’s $6.99/mo. I’ve held out so far, but I may have to bite the bullet come basketball season…just won’t tell my wife.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Several ND and B10 footballs game have been on Peacock this season, and you have to subscribe to their premium service to watch the games. I think it’s $6.99/mo. I’ve held out so far, but I may have to bite the bullet come basketball season…just won’t tell my wife.

I hope someone smarter than the Executives points out to the advertisers how much smaller the viewership is for pay services versus free!!!

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Through the week they've never had games on CBS, right? 

Fox for sure. 

But, this will literally force people to get Peacock. Kind of lame, I get it for free, not sure I understand the point of it.

It should definitely be on a national stage and network like Duke-UNC…shame IU misses out on on a chance to promote the school with a great environment on national stage…I’m ticked 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Refuse to pay any more than I already am to watch sports. I hope NBC/Peacock falls flat on its face 

We're just a couple of old curmudgeons tonight, but I'm right there with you. If BTN doesn't have the replays, I'll miss a few games this year.  I'm too busy to watch all the games anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Refuse to pay any more than I already am to watch sports. I hope NBC/Peacock falls flat on its face 

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

We're just a couple of old curmudgeons tonight, but I'm right there with you. If BTN doesn't have the replays, I'll miss a few games this year.  I'm too busy to watch all the games anyway.

"Peacock is an on-demand service that also streams over 50 live channels of TV shows, movies, news, and sports—not to mention a 24/7 Bob Ross channel."

Come on now... we curmudgeons can't pass up a deal like that for $5.99! IU basketball will be a throw in! 

200w(8).gif.e63c61c43ac3d010d71dee9786faeca3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don Fischer was on local radio and talked about the scrimmage at practice yesterday. He said the team didn't really look good yesterday and the 2nd team dominated the starters

Yikes. Hopefully, it was just a bad day and another month of practice to play together and jell will fix whatever issues they had.

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don Fischer was on local radio and talked about the scrimmage at practice yesterday. He said the team didn't really look good yesterday and the 2nd team dominated the starters

I expect some rough games early. Too many new pieces and roles for a smooth start. The talent is there to be a really good team as the season processes. I might have picked a bad season to quit drinking.

• Haha 1