IUBB Off-season 2023

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd question but I like to plan. Does anyone if we'll be the 430 or 7pm game on 11/20 in NYC? Doing a Thanksgiving dinner for 100 or so and I want to make sure which shift I sign up for. Serving at 7 or cooking everything early so I don't miss the game.

It depends on if we win the night before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd question but I like to plan. Does anyone if we'll be the 430 or 7pm game on 11/20 in NYC? Doing a Thanksgiving dinner for 100 or so and I want to make sure which shift I sign up for. Serving at 7 or cooking everything early so I don't miss the game.

If we beat UConn we'll be the later game, if not we'll be the earlier game.  Probably doesn't help you plan but time to roll the dice and pick a winner in game 1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

If we beat UConn we'll be the later game, if not we'll be the earlier game.  Probably doesn't help you plan but time to roll the dice and pick a winner in game 1.

Positive vibes. I'll cook and prep and others can serve. I'll go with the earlier shift. Plus we have Eagles and KC that night too so no need to be out serving the homeless for a Thanksgiving meal when I have sports to watch....I kid I kid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Hearing these guys talk about the pressure they felt as freshman just speaks to what a special player JHS is/was. Having to step into the role he did last year when X went down and he always looked confident on the court. Really mentally tough. 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hearing these guys talk about the pressure they felt as freshman just speaks to what a special player JHS is/was. Having to step into the role he did last year when X went down and he always looked confident on the court. Really mentally tough. 

Agreed. And now that some of the that pressure is off, the game has slowed down and they have settled in to their roles, I can see both making a nice jump and being solid pieces of the rotation. 

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Agreed. And now that some of the that pressure is off, the game has slowed down and they have settled in to their roles, I can see both making a nice jump and being solid pieces of the rotation. 

I don’t perceive anywhere near the consternation we’ve had in the past with substitutions this year. I believe the 2nd string is going to be solid this year. Besides the fact that same feeling has come and gone in years past! Only issue will probably be in the backcourt?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Worried about Ware. Hope he can turn it on or Woody will be playing Sparks over him. 

If that were the case, I'd rather see us go small with Mgbako at the 4. He could be a nightmare to defend with more 4's defending him. 

Sparks would still get time as a Reneau backup. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Worried about Ware. Hope he can turn it on or Woody will be playing Sparks over him. 

It better click soon for Ware that he needs to put in the effort to excel. If he gets labeled as someone that won't give max effort all the time, his NBA aspirations are in serious danger. Glad we have options and can make him earn minutes.