IUBB Off-season 2023

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

I've seen quite a few articles about how much of a steal TJD was during the draft. The Warriors seem high on him as does the area media. Some think he's a better selection short term than their 1st round pick and at least one thinks he'll be better both short and long term.

That was a really good landing spot for him

• Like 1

So do we have a feel for starting line-up?

my guess is:

X/Galloway/Mgbako/Reneau/Ware

Cupps/Gunn/Banks/Walker/Sparks the main group off the bench. 

Main concern is outside of Sparks, that’s a lot of unproven guys off the bench, could see one of Reneau and Ware coming off the bench to get more spacing in the starting line-up.

Edited by HoosierFan997
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan997 said:

So do we have a feel for starting line-up?

my guess is:

X/Galloway/Mgbako/Reneau/Ware

Cupps/Gunn/Banks/Walker/Sparks the main group off the bench. 

Main concern is outside of Sparks, that’s a lot of unproven guys off the bench, could see one of Reneau and Ware coming off the bench to get more spacing in the starting line-up.

Walker is pretty much a proven commodity, but you're right that beyond the starters you named (which I agree with) the backcourt needs to earn their spurs... 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

you would think that at some point a senior former Indiana Mr Basketball steps up 

No info, but my theory is that he's been relegated to the end of the bench for so long, he may be resolved to stay there.

But then again, there are other ways to "step up" for your team. I don't think you could ask for a better teammate than Anthony.

For his sake, I hope he does a grad transfer to a school where he gets lots of playing time. He still has his Covid year left after this one.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

No info, but my theory is that he's been relegated to the end of the bench for so long, he may be resolved to stay there.

But then again, there are other ways to "step up" for your team. I don't think you could ask for a better teammate than Anthony.

For his sake, I hope he does a grad transfer to a school where he gets lots of playing time. He still has his Covid year left after this one.

I doubt he uses that year. I don't think he'll transfer because he's already working as a real estate agent around Bloomington. I think he'll concentrate on that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I doubt he uses that year. I don't think he'll transfer because he's already working as a real estate agent around Bloomington. I think he'll concentrate on that.

You could very well be correct. But even though he's at the end of the bench currently, his NIL money is probably greater than his real estate commish.

I've said this before, but having Anthony Leal in a 4th guard spot is far from the worst situation in the world...

Knows his role

Not gonna make mistakes

Knows the offense and defense to a fault

Great teammate...

Even with his perceived "end of the bench" status, I still hear a lot of the younger guys mention him when asked about leadership on the team...

• Like 6

Haslametrics for those of you that like that kind of thing ( @IU Scott? :) )

Has IU at #44 nationally, and 9th in the Big 10...

Click on the Indiana link to see a full pre-season evaluation of our team...Has us as "First Out" for the tournament...

I honestly think that is the absolute floor for this team. I understand we have a lot of new pieces, but we also have a boatload of talent, not to mention depth...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Click on the Indiana link to see a full pre-season evaluation of our team...Has us as "First Out" for the tournament...

I honestly think that is the absolute floor for this team. I understand we have a lot of new pieces, but we also have a boatload of talent, not to mention depth...

Agree, probably the worst case scenario, with our ceiling being somewhere in the top 3 in the B10.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The thing is nobody knows, even Coach says he doesn’t know what the offense is going to look like until he gets to see them in practice. To me this team is going to be almost unrecognizable compared to the last couple years!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Sucks peacock gets the Purdue game?? That game needs to be in CBS!! What a joke

Through the week they've never had games on CBS, right? 

Fox for sure. 

But, this will literally force people to get Peacock. Kind of lame, I get it for free, not sure I understand the point of it.

Just now, btownqb said:

Through the week they've never had games on CBS, right? 

Fox for sure. 

But, this will literally force people to get Peacock. Kind of lame, I get it for free, not sure I understand the point of it.

So these games will be on the free version anyone can stream?