IUBB Off-season 2023

4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Kel’el Ware – 210 –> 230

Malik Reneau – 235 –> 233

Payton Sparks – 240 –> 255

Couple of things jump out at me:

1. Malik may have lost 2 lbs in weight, but I bet he's put on 15-20 of muscle from last year.
  2. Payton jumping up to 255 appears to be a move in the wrong direction, and a big one. Admittedly, I haven't seen any pics of him, but he was already huge. Hope it's muscle and tone, and not just bulk.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jordy Hulls on the Hoosier Hysterics podcast this week:

1. Trey Galloway has finally had a healthy summer.  Combined with his work ethic, he is set for a big year.
  2. Mack Mbako can really shoot.  And he is fearless when he does so.
  3. Malik Reneau is much stronger now.  Expected to have a big, big year.
  4. Gabe Cupps' work ethic is impressive and noticed by everyone.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

1. Trey Galloway has finally had a healthy summer.  Combined with his work ethic, he is set for a big year.

That's almost word for word what Stuhoo on BTB posted yesterday. You should give credit instead of posting it as your own.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

As much as I love and appreciate Miller and Race! I think what I’m excited about going into this season is that all 5 positions should be able to create for themselves and for their teammates!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Thanks for posting this...and, I didn't take this that you posted this "as your own." You mentioned specifically that this was on the podcast.

Geesh!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Thanks for posting this...and, I didn't take this that you posted this "as your own." You mentioned specifically that this was on the podcast.

Geesh!!!

He posted the takeaways from the podcast as his own. It was pretty much a copy of the other guy's takeaways. The chances of him having the exact same takeaways in the same order, format and very similar and many times identical wording is almost zero. The other post:

Some key upside takeaways from Jordy Hulls on the Hoosier Hysterics podcast today:

1. Trey Galloway has finally had a healthy summer and combined with his work ethic is set for a big year.
  2. Mack Mbako can really shoot the ball. That was said by Jordy more than once. And he is fearless when he does so. With Kopp gone this is really important.
  3. Malik Reneau has transformed his body this offseason. Expected to have a big, big year.
  4. Gabe Cupps' work ethic is notably impressive.

56 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He posted the takeaways from the podcast as his own. It was pretty much a copy of the other guy's takeaways. The chances of him having the exact same takeaways in the same order, format and very similar and many times identical wording is almost zero. The other post:

Who cares. They both credited the Hoosier Hysteria podcast for the interview. Slap his hand for not changing the order or some words? The takeaways should be pretty similar right? What’s he gain by relaying that information? Maybe he claims to have listened to the podcast, but didn’t? Not like he’s claiming to have conducted the interview. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's almost word for word what Stuhoo on BTB posted yesterday. You should give credit instead of posting it as your own.

My post was emailed to me by a friend this morning.  I copy and pasted it.  Maybe he and the BTB guy got it from the same place.  Or not.  I don't know, and don't care.  I didn't have him sign an affidavit, and no attorney was available for a deposition. 

Maybe StuHoo and my friend had the same source, and STU didn't credit it.  Which makes it more of a StuHoo BooBoo, don't you agree?  Sheesh.  

@go_iu_bb, next time message me instead of calling me out on the board when you don't have the facts, especially on something this trivial.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

My post was emailed to me by a friend this morning.  I copy and pasted it.  Maybe he and the BTB guy got it from the same place.  Or not.  I don't know, and don't care.  I didn't have him sign an affidavit, and no attorney was available for a deposition. 

Maybe StuHoo and my friend had the same source, and STU didn't credit it.  Which makes it more of a StuHoo BooBoo, don't you agree?  Sheesh.  

@go_iu_bb, next time message me instead of calling me out on the board when you don't have the facts, especially on something this trivial.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

@Stuhoo former active user.  Maybe he can get to the bottom of this scandal.

Too funny…yes; I can solve your “scandal!”

I listened to the entire Hulls interview at lunch yesterday and posted MY summary thoughts on BtownBanners. 

No big deal that my post was cut and pasted—it’s nice form to attribute but it’s not a perfect world! (tho could do without the HSN poster wondering if I this is somehow my fault + his snarky, bolded “Boo-Boo” shot lol).

Glad it was worth passing on—always nice to share good program news

In summary? We’re all good and I am very much not offended! If I was a mod here (which I’m not at all) I’d say “time to move on!” Great IU fans on all boards—love HSN!

Go IU, Stu

Edited by Stuhoo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Too funny…yes; I can solve your “scandal!”

I listened to the entire Hulls interview at lunch yesterday and posted MY summary thoughts on BtownBanners. 

No big deal that my post was cut and pasted—it’s nice form to attribute but it’s not a perfect world! (tho could do without the HSN poster wondering if I this is somehow my fault + his snarky, bolded “Boo-Boo” shot lol).

Glad it was worth passing on—always nice to share good program news

In summary? We’re all good and I am very much not offended! If I was a mod here (which I’m not at all) I’d say “time to move on!” Great IU fans on all boards—love HSN!

Go IU, Stu

Thank you Stuhoo and thanks to all who copy and paste and bring Cliff notes of podcasts I have no time to listen to.  

• Like 4