IUBB Off-season 2023

So after watching all of the interviews, one common theme kept coming through loud and hard to listen too; CAN they not get these kids a damn microphone and cut out the damn background noise? Sweet baby jesus what a mess.

OH, and I think X has went and got himself all growe'd up and focused.

Now, lets pitch in for a Mic and teach these kids how to speak into it. argggh. Are we hurting for $$$ in the BBall program?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

So after watching all of the interviews, one common theme kept coming through loud and hard to listen too; CAN they not get these kids a damn microphone and cut out the damn background noise? Sweet baby jesus what a mess.

OH, and I think X has went and got himself all growe'd up and focused.

Now, lets pitch in for a Mic and teach these kids how to speak into it. argggh. Are we hurting for $$$ in the BBall program?

I agree... IU has to get better at giving each kid his own designated space and having the interviews a bit more organized...

The one thing that I did hear loud and clear when Mac was getting interviewed, was his answer to what his goals were this year...

"Winning"

With all of the fanfare around his future pro status, he didn't hesitate... gotta love that... 

• Like 4

Couple of interesting things from this Yahoo article from media day...

X initially didn't want to come back... 

"When Johnson got injured against Kansas on Dec. 17, he knew there was a chance he wouldn’t return that season. On the bus after the game, Woodson asked Johnson if he’d consider coming back for a sixth college season. At first, Johnson declined."

Mac on why he chose IU...

“The exclusiveness was really what sold me,” Mgbako said of his commitment. “It really felt like home. All the coaches, they were selling me their truth. There was no gimmicks. Everything was truthful."

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Mac on why he chose IU...

“The exclusiveness was really what sold me,” Mgbako said of his commitment. “It really felt like home. All the coaches, they were selling me their truth. There was no gimmicks. Everything was truthful."

We heard the same thing from Fino, two 5 stars in two years! A phrase we hear all the time that I absolutely despise ‘swing and miss’! Could be the staffs honesty is what’s happening. All these high end players with their ‘advisors’ don’t like hearing the truth!?!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

We heard the same thing from Fino, two 5 stars in two years! A phrase we hear all the time that I absolutely despise ‘swing and miss’! Could be the staffs honesty is what’s happening. All these high end players with their ‘advisors’ don’t like hearing the truth!?!

It's also what got TJD to come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

A phrase we hear all the time that I absolutely despise ‘swing and miss’! Could be the staffs honesty is what’s happening. 

IU isn't for every 5 star that is out there, contrary to guys who use that phrase. Some 5 stars (perhaps most) want to focus on the NIL deals. Some probably don't want to be coached hard, and yet others may want warmer weather, or some other "whatever".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I agree... IU has to get better at giving each kid his own designated space and having the interviews a bit more organized...

The one thing that I did hear loud and clear when Mac was getting interviewed, was his answer to what his goals were this year...

"Winning"

With all of the fanfare around his future pro status, he didn't hesitate... gotta love that... 

Do you think that IU has a sports media program? Maybe has have one for years? How about general media or corporate relations and advertising majors.. Maybe even Masters or pHD level programs. Cuban media center??? Think they could possibly bring those "educators" together to market this level of event for millions of alumni and fans?

An IU event like this should be 10x better than any ESPN or FS1 event. "WE" are supposed to have the best teaching the best, and we the fan ($ supporter) can't hear the effing subject matter expert, focus of the GD interview? Apparently we need a Bob Knight that knows how to teach being responsible for the gift you have been given. If you are allowed to be half assed, you will always strive to be half assed.. This was totally disrespectful to the kids and the program. Jesus FC!!!

Does anyone hole anyone else responsible to their given gift anymore? 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

What an awesome compliment for Trayce! It gives Coach Woodson and Co., as well as IU Basketball, great credibility. A current NBA coach, (theoretically) complimenting the product of a former NBA coach. I love it! What a great tool to use for potential recruits......

I've seen quite a few articles about how much of a steal TJD was during the draft. The Warriors seem high on him as does the area media. Some think he's a better selection short term than their 1st round pick and at least one thinks he'll be better both short and long term.