IUBB Off-season 2023

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He also said Woodson wasn't happy with the team and told the players there are no guarantee starting spots. A couple of managers did tell Don that you picked a bad day to come because they haven't been that bad.

This is fairly common. The bench players are fighting for playing time, starters are bored practicing and ready for the season to start. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

This is fairly common. The bench players are fighting for playing time, starters are bored practicing and ready for the season to start. 

The only problem with that, is formal practice w/ Woody and crew only started this week, or last week. I wouldn't think they'd be  "bored" yet.

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think this is a really fair preview. We have a lot of talent, but maybe even more question marks. 

Not sure how the pieces really fit together. 

That's really the crucial point. Roles will have to be defined and the team will have to accept what those roles are. We have a few guys with immediate NBA aspirations. Not all of them can be featured in CMW's system. Will they accept lesser roles for the good of team? Figuring all of this out may take a while. What I really like is that we have some guys with experience on the bench who can maybe steady the ship as we work through all of this. The potential here reminds me a little of the 81 team minus Thomas. Our frontcourt SHOULD be among the best in the country, if they can figure out how to compliment each other. Hopefully, they buy in on the defensive end because that can keep us in games while the offense catches up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

That is promising. Don't see many people expecting Trey to improve much, just hoping for a little higher volume of 3s. If he can step us game, our ceiling just got raised.

Trey is just the perfect example of a kid who works his tail off, coaches son mentality. Woodson has mentioned him more than a few times this summer. Comments about work ethic, he likes to be coached,etc....

Guys like Trey will always have a home at IU. 4 year guys who are the glue of a program while shiny and far better players come and go but the glue remains. I can't believe we have him 2 more years honestly. He found his stroke with one year of Jordy...can't wait to see what that side holds for him because we all know about his D.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trey is just the perfect example of a kid who works his tail off, coaches son mentality. Woodson has mentioned him more than a few times this summer. Comments about work ethic, he likes to be coached,etc....

Guys like Trey will always have a home at IU. 4 year guys who are the glue of a program while shiny and far better players come and go but the glue remains. I can't believe we have him 2 more years honestly. He found his stroke with one year of Jordy...can't wait to see what that side holds for him because we all know about his D.

And just to clarify....I want all the shiny new and talented players as well because you can't win without the elite guys but players like Trey...shoot even Xavier I'll always welcome.

• Like 2