Transfers with IU Interest

Don’t know who this ‘Hoosier Fan’ is or if he actually knows anything, but posted this on Twitter:

Learn the name Keshon Gilbert. 

This kid is what IU needs. Explosive, athletic guard that is extremely crafty around the rim & can hit the 3 at a high clip. 

He has flown under-the-radar in the portal, but IU is currently recruiting him. 

• Like 1

Just now, WRSMick55 said:

Don’t know who this ‘Hoosier Fan’ is or if he actually knows anything, but posted this on Twitter:

This kid is what IU needs. Explosive, athletic guard that is extremely crafty around the rim & can hit the 3 at a high clip. 

From UNLV apparently 

2 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

From St. Louis. Recruited originally as a 6'1" PG, but has added three inches so he's now listed at 6'4". Would fill a need for a CG.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

I like guards that can finish at the rim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WRSMick55 said:

• Like 3

Saw him live in Vegas as UNLV played in the game prior to ours with Arizona. Now just putting two and two together. He was easily the best player on the floor for UNLV in that game on both ends. Gave off strong Armaan Franklin vibes.

• Like 4

Yep and I’m loving it. This kid can ball out. Great on both ends of the floor. Sometimes you can just watch how a player shoots the ball, the arch, speed and how the ball drops and tell they have a really good form and consistent stroke, this kid is one of them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Saw him live in Vegas as UNLV played in the game prior to ours with Arizona. Now just putting two and two together. He was easily the best player on the floor for UNLV in that game on both ends. Gave off strong Armaan Franklin vibes.

Same....when I saw the tweet earlier I'm like where do I know that name from. Funny how that works huh? Play a game in Vegas and the staff is recruiting already. Haha.

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but the NY Post wrote an article about St. John’s recruiting and when talking about Chris Ledlum, they singled out Indiana as a “major suitor” for him. 

Not sure though if IU is mentioned solely because of the Knicks/Woodson connection since Ledlum is from New York. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agreed…we just saw how ineffective our style is so let’s be even more Big Teny lol…let’s take the cast offs of all the bad B1G teams like Miller and Battle and think that’s the answer. I’ve loved what we have done in recruiting…in the portal not so much. The best player we’ve gotten in the portal came from the ACC with an injection of speed and athleticism….but here we are wanting B1G retreads that weren’t even successful at their last school. Everyone already has played Battle for 4 years…they have a book of scouting how to defend him. They all know his strengths and weaknesses. He is not going to be a needle mover here. Sorry jmo.

Max Bielfeldt seemed to work out pretty well.  I’m not disagreeing with your premise, but I don’t think that ‘B1G Castoff” blanket should cover everyone.

• Like 2