Transfers with IU Interest

33 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Don't think X's individual numbers are the most important thing.

He's the "straw that stirs the drink".  Whatever team we put together it will be his job to make sure they perform to their maximum offensively and defensively by controlling the game, maximizing his teammates' skills, and using his own considerable skills to fill in where the team is lacking.

I agree… you put his defensive skill set on teams best players last year then that takes JHS and his skill set to the second best guard and it’s a whole different situation IMO. Dribble drives and kick outs for open threes don’t happen as often because X can stop that from happening… especially against Miami

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

No, Ledlum has one. He doesn't get a bonus year for sitting out. If he had played, it wouldn't have counted against his 4 years of eligibility, but he doesn't get 5 anyway.

Not sure you’re correct. Would that not count as his redshirt year, giving him two more years to play?

Normally you have five years to play four seasons, Covid gave guys six years to play five seasons though. 

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The key for next year is to get considerably better at the 2,3,4 spots from last year's starting lineup. Not one person will be able to contribute what TJD did but if Reneau and if we get Ware can combine for TJD stats. Also, hopefully XJ can can come close to JHS numbers from last year.

I think he can - whatever the gap is in points X should make up for with more assists. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not sure you’re correct. Would that not count as his redshirt year, giving him two more years to play?

Normally you have five years to play four seasons, Covid gave guys six years to play five seasons though. 

That's only if they played the COVID year. The whole point was that they wanted guys to play the year and not worry about a bunch of games being cancelled and still losing that year of eligibility. It doesn't apply to people who, through their choice or their school's, sat out.

• Like 1

Haven’t chimed in yet, mostly because of having to work on a holiday, but I’d just like to remind all of us fans who are desperate for relevance and success at IU, and some kind of “proof” that we are “back”, not to count on any of this until there is official word that someone has committed. Not necessarily this site, but #iubb twitter was a mess last night, IU fans even tagging Ware in posts. I’m hoping for good report, but I fell for the Love/Battle rumors. And maybe there is a lot going on behind the scenes, and things change rapidly, but I’d just like (myself included) us to exercise some restraint. Maybe the last 20 years has given me PTSD? ( who has a pic of the famous triangle?) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

That's only if they played the COVID year. The whole point was that they wanted guys to play the year and not worry about a bunch of games being cancelled and still losing that year of eligibility. It doesn't apply to people who, through their choice or their school's, sat out.

So you’re saying that no one in the country redshirted that year?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The tone on IU Twitter changed to uncertainty now, that # has some interesting people

There is a danger of speaking in absolutes when it comes to any level of recruiting. I threw out a GIF or two for fun, but it was not based on anything other than the ongoing madness. 🤓

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So you’re saying that no one in the country redshirted that year?

"Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it, the Division I Council decided. "

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2020/10/14/di-council-extends-eligibility-for-winter-sport-student-athletes.aspx

The extra year applies to those "who compete", not to those who didn't.