Transfers with IU Interest

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not accurate. 5/11 is the deadline to enter the portal, it's incredibly far from any deadline for rosters to be finalized. 

Kids can commit whenever they want basically. There's also a reason a lot of the NBA draft entrants announce their entering the portal or keeping their eligibility open, because it means if they ultimately pull out of the draft then they are still in the portal. 

The 5/11 date almost literally means nothing. 

That’s what I thought. So we still have 3 weeks of kids entering the portal before it closes and we HAVE only the 1,000 or so kids to choose from. Also no good players are allowed to be in the portal from here on out…and God forbid if you aren’t highly rated you can’t be a good player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If you promise to quit posting how bad the staff is I’m sure someone will. Lol I don’t get the reason for the sky is falling attitude but it’s you life. Hopefully when we land more kids and fill out the roster we will realize it and it doesn’t get buried under all the 😢 posts about how bad we are. Id hate to miss who we land.

Oh we'll definitely add players in the coming weeks, that I'm not worried about. What I'm worried about is adding the level of player that doesn't push the needle for next years prospective. 

I don't care how big of a sunshine pumper you are, and there's a ton on here, but the quality of player in the portal is dwindling by the day and not even cheeriest of leprechauns can deny that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Oh we'll definitely add players in the coming weeks, that I'm not worried about. What I'm worried about is adding the level of player that doesn't push the needle for next years prospective. 

I don't care how big of a sunshine pumper you are, and there's a ton on here, but the quality of player in the portal is dwindling by the day and not even cheeriest of leprechauns can deny that. 

I think it's a pretty safe bet that before the 5/11 deadline that you're so concerned about, there will be several players added to the portal that are much better than Ledlum. 

There will also be several players that opt out of the NBA Draft as we head into late May or early June that will be available that are much better than Ledlum. 

• Like 3

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

Actually the quality of the portal has risen by the day. Thus why when Ledlum entered he was a top 10 kid and by the time he committed he was in the 50s. Can you explain that? Now I don’t put all my eggs in the ranking basket so I don’t know how you are determine talent in the portal but I think it’s very shortsighted to think the best of the portal is going to offer is already past.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

You're not trying to push the narrative that the portal is only going to get stronger from here until May 11th are you? 

It's not a narrative, there are better players in the portal right now than Ledlum and yes there will be better that still enter, along with some NBA declares that opt out. 

The idea that the roster has to be set by now or next season is screwed is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

IU doesn't have a proven scorer on the roster. IU's primary need out of the portal was a proven scorer. We've yet to land one (still). 

He'll be UT's highest usage player and in theory should be their leading scorer. UT just jumped from 18 to #2 in Bart Torvik's preseason rankings for next year with the addition of Ledlum. He'd be IU's go to player without a doubt given his versatility. 

And I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I stumbled upon  Rainbow and Unicorn Land in a message board about Indiana basketball. Weird. 

Go back to rivals then so you can be miserable with the rest of them

16 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

You have to admit that Purdue defines what a "Chancre School" is...😄

They have had two of their best seasons in the programs history the last two years (going by total wins and rankings).  Winning keeps people and teams together.   They'll be like everyone else wants the this current momentum comes to an end..... and it will. 

5 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Is that you Darth Vader?........

Darth-vader GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No, it's simply another person who aligns with your extreme opinion of the program.  That's not "getting it" and you're being absolutely ridiculous.  I'm done engaging with you until you're over your little tantrum here.

I just wish the mods would send him packing

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The people following the recruits on social media are not the same people providing the NIL money.

I think you’re missing the big picture on this one.  The people providing the money are going to give you more if you have more followers.  IU fans clearly follow a large amount of athletes so in turn those athletes can expect a larger NIL deal because of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So what does IU have the sell that all of  these others school don't 

It’s simple. Mike Woodson. We have a former NBA player and coach as our head coach. He’s been the head coach of Hall of Famers, All-Stars and hundreds of NBA players. Woodson also has tremendous connections in the NBA after spending decades there. In 2 years he has developed a big and a guard into legit first round draft picks. Knoxville is a great town…been there several times, I’m sure Tuscaloosa is too and other SEC schools. I’m choosing Indiana because I trust Mike Woodson more than Nate Oats, Rick Barnes, etc…

33 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

He's been a breath of fresh air from Archie although that isn't hard to do. I thought the team responded nicely to some early season adversity given some of the injuries but in the grand scheme of things, pretty uninspiring regular season given how bad the B10 was. Sweeping Purdue for the first time in a decade was enjoyable. That being said, IU was overmatched and outcoached in several games with a legit NPOY candidate and a first round guard. 

The season may be 7 months away, but the window to shore up the roster shuts in 2.5 weeks. We're back to square one after missing out on several of our top perimeter prospects. I'm not sitting on my hands waiting for a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat. 

It doesn't shut on two weeks, it jus mean guys can't enter it after that date and play right away.  You can still recruit those guys after that date and they can sign anytime after that date 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just wish the mods would send him packing

Geez…there would be no one left here if we only kept people you agree with Scott. I may not agree with his accessment of the current situation but that doesn’t mean we all aren’t still fans and in the end he may end up right (we shall see).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1