Transfers with IU Interest

19 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

You're not seriously trying to argue basketball is a bigger draw at Tennessee or Arkansas are you? At least I hope you're not. 

Well both the men and women's team regularly sell out a 22,000 seat arena. You need to really see what college basketball is today and realize a lot of programs can offer the same if not more than IU can

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I haven't posted on Rivals since 2019, just remember you always being on the short end of the stick there. You've been a member here mere months longer than me. Calm down Scott. 

You are the one that needs to calm down

I am sorry but I don't even remember you on rivals. It is just your style of posting more resembles that site than it does here. You are the kind of poster that was the reason I left that site 

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well both the men and women's team regularly sell out a 22,000 seat arena. You need to really see what college basketball is today and realize a lot of programs can offer the same if not more than IU can

It's still not a comparison Scott. 

Arkansas and Tennessee are football schools first and foremost BY FAR. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

For what? Arguing that Ledlum was a swing and miss by the staff? Please tell me what rules or violations I have broken? I haven't insulted a single person despite being the minority opinion.

Look in the mirror Scott. 

No because you bring nothing but negativity to this board and nothing productive 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Geez…there would be no one left here if we only kept people you agree with Scott. I may not agree with his accessment of the current situation but that doesn’t mean we all aren’t still fans and in the end he may end up right (we shall see).

Nothing wrong with positive discussion and disagreement but he brings nothing but hostile negativity.  Also by the look at the post on here a lot more agree with me than it does this other poster.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

It's still not a comparison Scott. 

Arkansas and Tennessee are football schools first and foremost BY FAR. 

You can be both. It is funny for football schools both of them has higher attendance than we do.

Edited by IU Scott

59 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

IU doesn't have a proven scorer on the roster. IU's primary need out of the portal was a proven scorer. We've yet to land one (still). 

He'll be UT's highest usage player and in theory should be their leading scorer. UT just jumped from 18 to #2 in Bart Torvik's preseason rankings for next year with the addition of Ledlum. He'd be IU's go to player without a doubt given his versatility. 

If we're using Torvik's 2024 projections, keep in mind you can also click on each team to get individual projections. Ledlum projects at 11.5 points per game, well less than the 18.8 he averaged last season in the Ivy, and good for only third on Tennessee. Torvik projects Xavier and Trey to score more than Ledlum's 11.5, and Kelel to score right there at 11 per. 

I agree Indiana needs a volume scorer next season (I'm bearish on Torvik's faith in Trey, for example). I don't agree that needs to be Chris Ledlum. It's weird to view Ledlum as some make or break target, I can only assume this reaction is driven by having your expectations set by all the chatter.

College Basketball has an enormous offseason, and we're only a few weeks in. We have months to go before I start worrying about holes that weren't filled on the roster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

It is accurate. After May 11th nobody else can enter the portal. Whoever is in the portal after May 11th are your options to choose from. Not that hard to understand. Guys in the portal after 5/11 are likely their for a reason. We needed filets not table scraps this portal season. 

The portal closes but a player can transfer at anytime.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I ignored myself, but for some reason I can still see my posts.

I made a little click noise with my finger the other day to my wife as she was asking me to fold the laundry during a premier league game….she asked what I was doing and I said I just put her on ignore…let’s just say that didn’t end well 😂 j/k

• Haha 3

Just food for thought

Another point that has been made: many of the truly best portal transfers commit late, late, late.
After or about May 1st last year, the following players were in the portal and still uncommitted:

• Tyrese Hunter
  • Terrence Shannon
  • Grant Sherfield
  • Ricky Council Jr.
  • Keion Brooks
  • Keyontae Johnson
  • Courtney Ramey
  • Matthew Mayer
  • Kevin McCullar
  • Kendric Davis (on 4/29)
  • Isiaih Mosely
  • Norchad Omier (on 4/26)
  • Baylor Scheierman 
  •  
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pissing Contest (Match):  a contest or rivalry in which the main concern of the parties involved is the conspicuous demonstration of superiority.

I believe Mark Twain is credited with saying "Never argue with a fool...onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

But when you identify and make someone a priority like the IU staff had done with Ledlum, you need to land him. Period. 

Such a dumb take.

You can't land every guy you prioritize, it's literally not possible.

Holding anyone to an unachievable standard is so toxic. And I'm not being hyperbolic, it's toxic. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Such a dumb take.

You can't land every guy you prioritize, it's literally not possible.

Holding anyone to an unachievable standard is so toxic. And I'm not being hyperbolic, it's toxic. 

It's still a swing and miss and a significant blow to next years prospectives. 

Hope Banks and Gunn make the jump, the team needs it.

I'll see everybody in awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1