Transfers with IU Interest

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

For what? Arguing that Ledlum was a swing and miss by the staff? Please tell me what rules or violations I have broken? I haven't insulted a single person despite being the minority opinion.

Look in the mirror Scott. 

You have been proven to have the wrong interpretation of the portal deadline by several people, yet you refuse to admit you’re wrong. It would do you a world of good on here to ratchet back the smartest guy in the room attitude.

Wake me up when you’re right about something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You have been proven to have the wrong interpretation of the portal deadline by several people, yet you refuse to admit you’re wrong. It would do you a world of good on here to ratchet back the smartest guy in the room attitude.

Wake me up when you’re right about something.

I haven't been wrong about anything. If you're not in the portal by May 11th is does nothing for IU next year as you don't get immediate eligibility. Unless you think 2000 more guys are entering the portal in the next 2.5 weeks and the portal will only get stronger (it won't) then I'll have what you're having.

IU will end up using their 3 remaining scholarships because at the end of the day it's still Indiana and playing in the B10 is still a big deal to many players currently in the portal, but we'll see who the smartest guy in the room is when IU inevitably takes a step back because they didn't capitalize on their key targets they identified early on. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I haven't been wrong about anything. If you're not in the portal by May 11th is does nothing for IU next year as you don't get immediate eligibility. Unless you think 2000 more guys are entering the portal in the next 2.5 weeks and the portal will only get stronger (it won't) then I'll have what you're having.

IU will end up using their 3 remaining scholarships because at the end of the day it's still Indiana and playing in the B10 is still a big deal to many players currently in the portal, but we'll see who the smartest guy in the room is when IU inevitably takes a step back because they didn't capitalize on their key targets they identified early on. 

It only takes the right couple of guys to enter the portal…and choose IU for it to matter. I have faith we will land at least one bucket getter before it closes. If it doesn’t well no doubt we won’t be in the tourney next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Damn, man. Do you need a hug or something?

The off-season is loooooong. By your own admission, there is still time left in the portal. There is still so much that can happen, no need to be such a Debbie-Downer right now.

Do you turn off IU games 2 minutes in if they're down 7-2?

• Like 5

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

The off-season is loooooong. By your own admission, there is still time left in the portal. There is still so much that can happen, no need to be such a Debbie-Downer right now.

This isn’t to even say a 23 kid doesn’t decommit and come to IU…but we see a lot of kids drop out of the nba draft and then go into the portal each year. I’m confident a quality couple of players will want to wear the candy stripes next year.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

It's still a swing and miss and a significant blow to next years prospectives. 

Hope Banks and Gunn make the jump, the team needs it.

I'll see everybody in awhile. 

You literally have no idea what this does to next years team. We have two five star guys at the 4 and 5 next year playing for a coach who helped TJD take huge steps forward under his tutelage, and a backup that has already shown to be a productive college player.

It's incredibly possible we won't miss Ledlum at all. 

But yes, please take a break for a while. We'd all appreciate that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If IU went 39-0 and but lost in the championship game on a last second 75 foot shot he would say the season was a huge disappointment. He would say how could you leave a guy so open when he is within 75 feet of the basket 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This isn’t to even say a 23 kid doesn’t decommit and come to IU…but we see a lot of kids drop out of the nba draft and then go into the portal each year. I’m confident a quality couple of players will want to wear the candy stripes next year.

I think people forget that current players can actually get better over the summer as well

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Oh please. Explain the draw to go play basketball in Knoxville or Fayetteville.

I'll hang up and listen. 

You don’t get it, simple.

this isn’t about the fans, the draw etc. it is what top recruits want and their desires and thoughts on IU are not what yours are. Can it be built back, sure, but stop acting like this is an easy sell because it isn’t.

name 3 things that would drive a top talent to want to come to IU. I can name plenty that those schools have over IU. 

edit and adding to this. your whole football school is laughable. If they get more fans to their games, their facilities are way better, food programs better, athlete housing better, money they have from football to give in numerous ways, more recent success, modern offense, better conference play and drafting from that conference, etc. etc. 

like, I am sorry, what can you point to beside this false lore of old IU that you have in your head. Those schools anre better right now. Period. Are you DD? You sound a lot like his tired takes. 

Edited by Initial79

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think people forget that current players can actually get better over the summer as well

We've seen a ton of player development happen with this current staff.

We still have a few too many question marks on next years roster which lowers our floor, but our ceiling is already pretty high with what we do have....

XJ

Galloway

Banks

Reneau

Ware

Cupps

Newton

Gunn

Sparks

If X, Ware, and Reneau play to their skill level, Galloway makes another marginal improvement (and he's healthy which is a new thing for him, so no reason to think that won't happen again), then 1 or 2 of the young guys step up and Sparks proves to be a good backup we can be good.

Of course it would be better to add another proven player or two to raise our floor, but the ceiling is already pretty decent for what would traditionally be a "gap" year after losing TJD and JHS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Nope just some good news. Our competition is making moves in the portal. We have one hand tied behind our back.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

We've seen a ton of player development happen with this current staff.

We still have a few too many question marks on next years roster which lowers our floor, but our ceiling is already pretty high with what we do have....

XJ

Galloway

Banks

Reneau

Ware

Cupps

Newton

Gunn

Sparks

If X, Ware, and Reneau play to their skill level, Galloway makes another marginal improvement (and he's healthy which is a new thing for him, so no reason to think that won't happen again), then 1 or 2 of the young guys step up and Sparks proves to be a good backup we can be good.

Of course it would be better to add another proven player or two to raise our floor, but the ceiling is already pretty decent for what would traditionally be a "gap" year after losing TJD and JHS. 

The key for me is if Ware can develop into that top 10 recruit and a possible lottery pick that he is projected to be. 

For me what upsets me about some of the post today is that they think that today is what the team will look like in November.  If that ends up to be the case then I will say that it is a be disappointed.  It just frustrated me when people make conclusions so early in the process

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The key for me is if Ware can develop into that top 10 recruit and a possible lottery pick that he is projected to be. 

For me what upsets me about some of the post today is that they think that today is what the team will look like in November.  If that ends up to be the case then I will say that it is a be disappointed.  It just frustrated me when people make conclusions so early in the process

I don't think thats Ware next year, I think as a JR is when we could see that sort of improvement/production that warrants that high of a pick. 

imo, he's a 10-12p 5-6r 2-3b guy this year. 

Which.. at 7'1 might get him in the Top 20 anyways? 

But I don't think him scoring 15ppg+ next year is in the cards. If I'm wrong, we are more than fine. 

• Like 2