Transfers with IU Interest

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think thats Ware next year, I think as a JR is when we could see that sort of improvement/production that warrants that high of a pick. 

imo, he's a 10-12p 5-6r 2-3b guy this year. 

Which.. at 7'1 might get him in the Top 20 anyways? 

But I don't think him scoring 15ppg+ next year is in the cards. If I'm wrong, we are more than fine. 

Sits #26 here:

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2024-nba-mock-draft/

And I agree with your assessment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that before the 5/11 deadline that you're so concerned about, there will be several players added to the portal that are much better than Ledlum. 

There will also be several players that opt out of the NBA Draft as we head into late May or early June that will be available that are much better than Ledlum. 

Still playing catch up on this mess. Maybe already addressed but this exactly. In fact, there has already been conversations that there are guys who may back out and not have a spot to come back to. So, yes, we could have some too talent drop in.

and I have said this a few times but it appears portal is all that matters now. We can also have some late HS guys pop up that could contribute right away like a JHS and having a spot and some NIL would be nice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think thats Ware next year, I think as a JR is when we could see that sort of improvement/production that warrants that high of a pick. 

But I don't think him scoring 15ppg+ next year is in the cards. If I'm wrong, we are more than fine. 

Agree. From my understanding, Ware isn't a post-up big. He's not like TJD. We're most likely not going to be running a lot of offense for Ware. 

He's a long, athletic modern big who will score off of the PnR, lobs, rim runs and put backs. 

He'll be disruptive defensively with his height, length and athleticism. 

But, we're not going to be running offense though him. 

Even more reason we need more guards/wings that can run the PnR at a high level and get to the rim, etc.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would bet some good money that Ware will only be here 1 year. Hopefully I am wrong but I doubt it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Certainly…It’s not November and as I’ve notated in prior messages that I’m optimistic we’ll get good players in the coming weeks.

Listen, we all want IU to win…and I don’t think anything I said now or prior was extreme as was mentioned in your previous post.

I wasn't referencing you as being extreme, to be honest.  Yes, some other folks were aligned with your view of the program, but were taking that angle to a far greater extreme and just saying some ridiculous things.  Apologize for the confusion. 

As I said, it's fine to disagree, but some of the over the top stuff being said after Ledlum chose Tennessee...holy cow.  You'd think IU has the equivalent of Crean's first roster the way some folks were talking.  It's not a bad roster today.  I suspect it will be measurably better by November.  Freaking out almost eight months before the season is a recipe for a stroke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

The season may be 7 months away, but the window to shore up the roster shuts in 2.5 weeks. We're back to square one after missing out on several of our top perimeter prospects. I'm not sitting on my hands waiting for a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

That's not accurate at all. 

Amen.  Several have referenced that K State had two players last July.  Plenty of time to improve the roster.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would bet some good money that Ware will only be here 1 year. Hopefully I am wrong but I doubt it

I agree and will be another thing Woodson can lean into next year.

This is just going to take longer than some want. We need to show athlete growth to draft and an environment players want to play in. Staff relationships being key which by all accounts they do very well. These are the things they can then use to overcome the other areas IU is out ran by the SEC, Big 12 types. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I know his posts can be a little off, but I think he's pretty spot on with this one, at least from what I was seeing at the time of my reply. 

If he was talking about me, yes I was an idiot after the PSU game and later admitted I was wrong about Woodson. It was a brief lapse in judgement but he won't let me live that down.

• Like 3

Hear me out for a second. Everyone who was wrong about Ledlum signing is now assuming that IU lost the recruiting battle. How do we know that the coaching staff didn't change their minds as opposed to Ledlum changing his? I'm not trying to be obtuse. I believe the quality of players at the Wing position available right now are significantly better then there were when Ledlum first entered the portal in early March.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Hear me out for a second. Everyone who was wrong about Ledlum signing is now assuming that IU lost the recruiting battle. How do we know that the coaching staff didn't change their minds as opposed to Ledlum changing his? I'm not trying to be obtuse. I believe the quality of players at the Wing position available right now are significantly better then there were when Ledlum first entered the portal in early March.

Or those people were wrong all the time saying that we were the leader for him. Most recruits day good things after a visit but that doesn't mean they are favoring that team

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he was talking about me, yes I was an idiot after the PSU game and later admitted I was wrong about Woodson. It was a brief lapse in judgement but he won't let me live that down.

No, wasn't talking about you. You expressed your regret...

There were plenty of other wild overreactions... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

IU doesn't have a proven scorer on the roster. IU's primary need out of the portal was a proven scorer. We've yet to land one (still). 

He'll be UT's highest usage player and in theory should be their leading scorer. UT just jumped from 18 to #2 in Bart Torvik's preseason rankings for next year with the addition of Ledlum. He'd be IU's go to player without a doubt given his versatility. 

And I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I stumbled upon  Rainbow and Unicorn Land in a message board about Indiana basketball. Weird. 

1. I can’t imagine you in an in game thread.

2. You do realize that the tournament just ended right? You’re worried about us not having our roster complete now? It’s not about being rainbow and unicorn it’s about we are patient and trust that the coaching staff knows a heck of a lot more than 30-80 year old out of shape men who wouldn’t last one week on the recruiting trail. My mentor is on a division 1 basketball staff and let me tell you it’s a grind and mentally exhausting. You constantly have to text kids, stay at hotels in the middle of nowhere, eat crappy food, hope you get cell phone service when you’re in the middle of nowhere Indiana or Tennessee. How about you give this staff a break and if I’m September they don’t have a roster completed to compete in the big ten then you can have all of us rainbow and unicorn fellas tell you that you were right. Deal? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I feel the same way, as far as more/better wing options being available now. I think what gets people so fired up is that he was marked as a big IU target, and the staff thought that he was coming. Therefore folks were up in arms when he committed elsewhere. It is what it is, but there are plenty of guys available… finding the right fit to be competitive next season will be key. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well that’s because it’s been awhile since we’ve seen someone develop…it was pretty rough during the Archie years.

Archie isn't the coach now. I saw TJD improved immensely over the last two years. I thought JHS improved throughout the year. I saw Kopp improve on the defensive end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Archie isn't the coach now. I saw TJD improved immensely over the last two years. I thought JHS improved throughout the year. I saw Kopp improve on the defensive end.

Tell that to the Portal players and to the 24 and 25 class...cause that's what the future of IU basketball will be...Did IU even recruit the Mr. Basketball  for this year ?

• Confused 1