Transfers with IU Interest

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

He's been a breath of fresh air from Archie although that isn't hard to do. I thought the team responded nicely to some early season adversity given some of the injuries but in the grand scheme of things, pretty uninspiring regular season given how bad the B10 was. Sweeping Purdue for the first time in a decade was enjoyable. That being said, IU was overmatched and outcoached in several games with a legit NPOY candidate and a first round guard. 

The season may be 7 months away, but the window to shore up the roster shuts in 2.5 weeks. We're back to square one after missing out on several of our top perimeter prospects. I'm not sitting on my hands waiting for a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat. 

They literally lost their senior point guard who change the whole trajectory of the season. Bates went to complete crap because of personal stuff off the court. They made the tournament and even won a game with having basically one effective guard. I’d say that’s pretty impressive. You try scoring as a 6 ft 9 all American when everyone packs the lane because of said one guard and see how well you do. It’s easy to be a complaining armchair quarterback or in this case armchair coach. Be a better fan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree. From my understanding, Ware isn't a post-up big. He's not like TJD. We're most likely not going to be running a lot of offense for Ware. 

He's a long, athletic modern big who will score off of the PnR, lobs, rim runs and put backs. 

He'll be disruptive defensively with his height, length and athleticism. 

But, we're not going to be running offense though him. 

Even more reason we need more guards/wings that can run the PnR at a high level and get to the rim, etc.

I think offensively we will see Malik playing more the traditional 5 and Ware at the 4. Malik does have the post moves to throw the ball inside to get buckets.

Can Ware be enough better than an injured Race to make up the gap between Malik and TJD? I think it can be pretty close, and you factor in a better creator at PG to get easy buckets…

Of course, Ware and Reneau could also be completely unready to be “the guys” and we fall on our face. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I made a little click noise with my finger the other day to my wife as she was asking me to fold the laundry during a premier league game….she asked what I was doing and I said I just put her on ignore…let’s just say that didn’t end well 😂 j/k

My wife would have said she did that years ago

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

1. I can’t imagine you in an in game thread.

2. You do realize that the tournament just ended right? You’re worried about us not having our roster complete now? It’s not about being rainbow and unicorn it’s about we are patient and trust that the coaching staff knows a heck of a lot more than 30-80 year old out of shape men who wouldn’t last one week on the recruiting trail. My mentor is on a division 1 basketball staff and let me tell you it’s a grind and mentally exhausting. You constantly have to text kids, stay at hotels in the middle of nowhere, eat crappy food, hope you get cell phone service when you’re in the middle of nowhere Indiana or Tennessee. How about you give this staff a break and if I’m September they don’t have a roster completed to compete in the big ten then you can have all of us rainbow and unicorn fellas tell you that you were right. Deal? 

Great post 

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

Reminder, this is their 1st portal get after missing out on way more than IU for those saying this is easy. Miami is having same issues as well. Lots of school are for that matter. 

Shhhhh....let the plebs keep running with things. It's almost as if they get off on the idea of saying see I told you so if things don't turn out well. 

Sometimes the 1% of our fanbase is pure comedy gold. We get literally the top transfer candidate, someone who is already in all 2024 1st round mock NBA drafts and now we have a staff who can't develop, coach, recruit, close,etc.....it really is fun sometimes to read the nonsense. 

To keep this portal related I'll say this. There is 2-3 young men right now in this country who didn't know playing at IU was a possibility and they are in contact with our staff as I type. Patience to some please. Rosters/reclassifications,etc.....can go all the way up until August.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Whoa. This board is nothing if not entertaining. I wish some celebrated the winning moments with the same enthusiasm they lamented the losing ones. Too much to ask? My bad. 😎

Those people don't come here when things are going well

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

I haven't been wrong about anything. If you're not in the portal by May 11th is does nothing for IU next year as you don't get immediate eligibility. Unless you think 2000 more guys are entering the portal in the next 2.5 weeks and the portal will only get stronger (it won't) then I'll have what you're having.

IU will end up using their 3 remaining scholarships because at the end of the day it's still Indiana and playing in the B10 is still a big deal to many players currently in the portal, but we'll see who the smartest guy in the room is when IU inevitably takes a step back because they didn't capitalize on their key targets they identified early on. 

Do you not think that players and their families have back channel conversations with IU if they or Indiana thinks they fill a need. I guarantee that we will find players that are as good or better than Ledlum. If I’m right you have to admit you’re wrong. Deal?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Do you not think that players and their families have back channel conversations with IU if they or Indiana thinks they fill a need. I guarantee that we will find players that are as good or better than Ledlum. If I’m right you have to admit you’re wrong. Deal?

Well there are 51 better because we signed one of them. Pretty sure the next one will be as well.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I would rather have him leave this board if you are right

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

Sorry guys...been out of the loop the past few days and just trying to catch up. 

It appears the loss of Ledlum has doomed the future of the program? Is that right?

Anything else I need to know?

Here’s stab at a summary (of the perspective of some, apparently)…

Even though Woodson‘s only been here for two seasons, he successfully re-recruited our entire roster (including TJD) and made positive adjustments for the first two seasons, brought in JHS and Reneau, got us to the tournament two years in a row, has now brought in two new players of need already from the portal for ‘23/‘24 (one of them ranked number two in the portal), and it’s only April 20th, our staff is lazy and incompetent, and we’re going to have a horrible year because Ledlum (#53 in the portal?) committed to Tennessee.

And this assessment of the demeanor and performance of our staff, as well as the future forecast of the success of the program, has been done prior to the next roster being completed, and without any real knowledge or information whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, BankShot said:

Here’s stab at a summary (of the perspective of some, apparently)…

Even though Woodson‘s only been here for two seasons, he successfully re-recruited our entire roster (including TJD) and made positive adjustments for the first two seasons, brought in JHS and Reneau, got us to the tournament two years in a row, has now brought in two new players of need already from the portal for ‘23/‘24 (one of them ranked number two in the portal), and it’s only April 20th, our staff is lazy and incompetent, and we’re going to have a horrible year because Ledlum (#53 in the portal?) committed to Tennessee.

And this assessment of the demeanor and performance of our staff, as well as the future forecast of the success of the program, has been done prior to the next roster being completed, and without any real knowledge or information whatsoever.

Yep, and the worst part is he is not the only one that feels like this. The Twitter IU fans are probably 40% this way too. 

• Like 1