Way to early Bracketology

2 minutes ago, rico said:

So Joe thinks we are gonna win the BTT?

The only reasonable thing I can think of is that whoever put that together was thinking Indiana State. They are a 12 in another region.  Realistically, if you look at the bracket closely, the First Four at-large teams are all 11 seeds.  Me-thinks that having IU as an at-large seeded 12th does not make sense considering the last 4 at-large teams are 11's.  Heck, maybe we aren't even supposed to be in the bracket and the only thing keeping us in is that 'aq' designation.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The only reasonable thing I can think of is that whoever put that together was thinking Indiana State. They are a 12 in another region.  Realistically, if you look at the bracket closely, the First Four at-large teams are all 11 seeds.  Me-thinks that having IU as an at-large seeded 12th does not make sense considering the last 4 at-large teams are 11's.  Heck, maybe we aren't even supposed to be in the bracket and the only thing keeping us in is that 'aq' designation.  

14 minutes ago, rico said:

So Joe thinks we are gonna win the BTT?

He's listing IU as getting the Big Ten's automatic bid since we're currently in 1st place in the conference standings. 

Essentially what he's saying about IU is that he doesn't have us in the tournament at this point, but is giving IU the conference bid since we're in 1st place at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

He's listing IU as getting the Big Ten's automatic bid since we're currently in 1st place in the conference standings. 

Essentially what he's saying about IU is that he doesn't have us in the tournament at this point, but is giving IU the conference bid since we're in 1st place at the moment. 

That would make sense, except for the fact the same bracket has Purdue as the 'aq'

image.png.25d49004ad7cdea58978fb48e49769a5.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That would make sense, except for the fact the same bracket has Purdue as the 'aq'

image.png.25d49004ad7cdea58978fb48e49769a5.png

Maybe a typo or something, maybe a placeholder, not sure? But, I'm pretty that's what it means for IU in this mock. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, last week he had IU as the aq and a 13 seed playing UK. 

• Like 1

Lunardi with latest bracketology. IU nowhere in sight since falling out of first in B1G (no aq). Hoosiers with lots of work to do:

NET             Quad 1&2

IU                           98                  2-4

Last Four In:    

NW                       71                    3-2  (actually 3-2 in Quad 1). Three wins over NET top 30

Miss ST                32                   4-2

Wake F                 47                   4-3

James Mad          55                   2-0    

First Four Out:

FL                         49                   3-4

NEB                      58                    2-3

VA                         54                   3-3

TCU                      37                    0-3

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Lunardi with latest bracketology. IU nowhere in sight since falling out of first in B1G (no aq). Hoosiers with lots of work to do:

NET             Quad 1&2

Last Four In:    

NW                       71                    3-2  (actually 3-2 in Quad 1). Three wins over NET top 30

First Four Out:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

yikes

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

NET             Quad 1&2

Last Four In:    

First Four Out:

Obvious that we have a lot of work to be done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

yikes

We are in trouble.  There have been a few people saying that for awhile.  Our problem is we have been on the wrong side of "blow out" games.  We have been blown out by the Q1's and we failed to blow out the Q4's and that has put us in a really bad hole.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

How is Mich St still a 7 seed? 9-6 overall, 1-5 Quad 1, 3-6 Quad 1&2, 0-2 road, 1-2 neutral. But still 28 in NET

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2024-march-madness-men-field-predictions

You have it backwards still. The NET is how your Quad record is determined. Your Quad record doesn't matter for your NET.

Michigan St is still 28 in the NET for the same reasons they're 20 on KenPom, and all the way up to 10 on Torvik. They have a numnber of losses, sure, but they've beat the snot out of the rest of their schedule. If Indiana had beat Kennesaw St by 44, like Michigan St did Stony Brook, we'd be higher up in the NET too.

Edited by Maedhros

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

You have it backwards still. The NET is how your Quad record is determined. Your Quad record doesn't matter for your NET.

No, I know that. I was questioning how Lunardi has them as a 7 with their records. Just noted that they happened to still be 28 in NET. 

17 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No, I know that. I was questioning how Lunardi has them as a 7 with their records. Just noted that they happened to still be 28 in NET. 

Ah, fair, that's on me for missing that you were talking resume.

• Thanks 1