2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No way you can blame Painter for not figuring out a way to get Edey drafted. If this was 20 years ago, Edey is a top 5 pick. Since when is it Painter’s responsibility to have guys succeed in the league? It’s on him to get them to the league which he’s done plenty of times. 

It’s not just Edey. It’s everyone else. Players want to go to places that will prepare them for the league so they have success and make tons of money and that’s facts. Big men under painter have a terrible track record of that.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It is pretty interesting that Purdue is "Big Man U", yet over the last decade IU has...

Zeller

Vonleh

Bryant

Morgan

TJD

Almost all have had longer/more successful NBA careers than any of the Purdue bigs. Maybe all of them have, not sure if any of Purdue's had similar runs to Juwan Morgan. 

Of course the difference for Purdue is their bigs almost all stayed in college 3-4 years. 

The only year going back to Zeller we didn’t have one of those guys was Yogi’s junior year I believe. That’s a pretty dang good run of bigs. Hopefully Ware and Reneau can keep the trend going, I’m certainly optimistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

It’s not just Edey. It’s everyone else. Players want to go to places that will prepare them for the league so they have success and make tons of money and that’s facts. Big men under painter have a terrible track record of that.

I know this argument has been rehashed multiple times but it’s not Painter’s job to get them to have long-term NBA careers. What could Painter have done differently to get guys like Hammons and Swanigan (RIP) to enjoy longer NBA careers? He helped turn them into first round picks and I’d argue once they get to the league, it’s on them, their team/coaches, etc…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It is pretty interesting that Purdue is "Big Man U", yet over the last decade IU has...

Zeller

Vonleh

Bryant

Morgan

TJD

Almost all have had longer/more successful NBA careers than any of the Purdue bigs. Maybe all of them have, not sure if any of Purdue's had similar runs to Juwan Morgan. 

Of course the difference for Purdue is their bigs almost all stayed in college 3-4 years. 

I think the argument is that Purdue’s offense features good big men if you look at usage rates so if you’re a solid big a la Haas, Hammons, Swanigan, etc… you know you’ll get the ball a lot more than other programs that are more guard-focused. No doubt your program’s bigs have had better NBA success though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think the argument is that Purdue’s offense features good big men if you look at usage rates so if you’re a solid big a la Haas, Hammons, Swanigan, etc… you know you’ll get the ball a lot more than other programs that are more guard-focused. No doubt your program’s bigs have had better NBA success though. 

So to me, the pay is better at IU (NIL) and the development of pro ready bigs is better at IU.  So I think I am looking at Indiana over Purdue if I am a big guy. 😉

• Like 2

Purdue has 3 current offers out in 2024 

none are 5 star 

if a 5 star becomes available at the last second that Purdue has never talked too MP isn’t playing that game 

Is it like Adidas & the Louisville kid?

Duke has it rolling again 💰 

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So to me, the pay is better at IU (NIL) and the development of pro ready bigs is better at IU.  So I think I am looking at Indiana over Purdue if I am a big guy. 😉

But we do tend to get the higher rated big guys. Hammons and Biggie were highly rated guys, but a lot of Purdue's big guys weren't highly rated. 

10 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

if a 5 star becomes available at the last second that Purdue has never talked too MP isn’t playing that game 

Subliminal message?

Mackenzie Mgbako...

Your constant whining about NIL is old, dude...

How much did Edey get to come back to West Lafayette?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

But we do tend to get the higher rated big guys. Hammons and Biggie were highly rated guys, but a lot of Purdue's big guys weren't highly rated. 

Painter picks big, unathletic kids that he can teach to park in the lane, swing their shoulders/elbows to clear space, and shoot a baby hook...Oh, and go over the back :) for rebounds while only collecting 1.6 fouls per game...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

none are 5 star 

You are not very good at limericks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Painter picks big, unathletic kids that he can teach to park in the lane, swing their shoulders/elbows to clear space, and shoot a baby hook...Oh, and go over the back :) for rebounds while only collecting 1.6 fouls per game...

You left out STD's, weed, and hockey.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

none are 5 star 

Sour grapes

Google definition: used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

Webster definition: Purdue7 Purdue7

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Subliminal message?

Mackenzie Mgbako...

Your constant whining about NIL is old, dude...

How much did Edey get to come back to West Lafayette?

Apparently there’s a big NIL accouncement coming from the Boilermaker Alliance which should be interesting. Our NIL is pretty legit at this point and I’d guess Edey will probably be close to $2 mil if I had to guess. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Apparently there’s a big NIL accouncement coming from the Boilermaker Alliance which should be interesting. Our NIL is pretty legit at this point and I’d guess Edey will probably be close to $2 mil if I had to guess. 

Better late than never I suppose...

But my point was more toward @Purdue7's constant holier-than-thou hypocrisy... Sell that over on Boiler Upload... 

As far as Edey goes, I've read between $800,000 to $1 mil... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Better late than never I suppose...

But my point was more toward @Purdue7's constant holier-than-thou hypocrisy... Sell that over on Boiler Upload... 

As far as Edey goes, I've read between $800,000 to $1 mil... 

That’s roughly how much he made last year. I’d imagine it increases quite a bit this year especially with us having a game in Canada. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s roughly how much he made last year. I’d imagine it increases quite a bit this year especially with us having a game in Canada. 

I would not be surprised if Edey is making more than last year but I'm curious what playing a game in canada has to do with it....is he being paid in canadian dollars or does pu have a large contingent of canadian fans donating to the cause?

Edited by iuswingman

11 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I would not be surprised if Edey is making more than last year but I'm curious what playing a game in canada has to do with it....is he being paid in canadian dollars or does pu have a large contingent of canadian fans donating to the cause?

giphy(4)(12).gif.0d0e4018985474b20ecb3edf9128e76a.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

I believe it has to do with the ease of doing NIL stuff in your native country versus having to use your work visa. Oscar Tshiebwe made significant money on their Bahamas trip and he’s not even from there.  I’ve heard he already has a deal with a card collectible company (think a company like Topps) that could very easily meet up with him when Purdue plays in Toronto. I’d imagine the number of companies wanting to meet up with him when he’s in his hometown to play a game would be quite plentiful. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...