2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok. You cannot call Kanon a lotto pick, worlds away from that... 

But.. your point is correct. You don't say no thanks to an Ivey. 

Fair enough. Should’ve said you don’t turn down a 2 and done guy who will get drafted in the first round more than likely. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, rico said:

Well there is a possibility he decommits and ends up at IU.

I understand. Not making a complaint about the existence of conversation. I’m just tired of hearing about a kid committed to Purdue. My prerogative. Why do we want somebody dumb enough to make that decision to begin with? 😝

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I understand. Not making a complaint about the existence of conversation. I’m just tired of hearing about a kid committed to Purdue. My prerogative. Why do we want somebody dumb enough to make that decision to begin with? 😝

I don't think he ends up at Turdue OR IU, but it's fun to watch Turdue fans squirm as their prize recruit slips away. 😜

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

The days of Purdue getting 5 star recruits are probably over 

4 star 4 year guys 

4 star guys aren't automatically staying 4 years either. The 9th pick in the draft was a freshman from UCF who was barely a top 100 prospect and I doubt they thought he was going to be a one and done 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

4 star guys aren't automatically staying 4 years either. The 9th pick in the draft was a freshman from UCF who was barely a top 100 prospect and I doubt they thought he was going to be a one and done 

True 

I’ll clarify 

4 star 

and 

4/5 year guys 

with online classes and only needing 12 hours fall semester….do 1&done players even show up on campus ?

12 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

The days of Purdue getting 5 star recruits are probably over 

4 star 4 year guys 

Taking rivalry out of it. Where painter screwed up was not figuring out a way to develop Edey into a draft pick. He’s had multiple big men that got to the league and none have succeeded. That’s going to catch up with him in getting 5 star big men IMO

8 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Taking rivalry out of it. Where painter screwed up was not figuring out a way to develop Edey into a draft pick. He’s had multiple big men that got to the league and none have succeeded. That’s going to catch up with him in getting 5 star big men IMO

He couldn’t turn the #422 recruit into a lottery pick…..just national player of the year 😳 

slow 7 footers will be lucky to get drafted at all 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

No way you can blame Painter for not figuring out a way to get Edey drafted. If this was 20 years ago, Edey is a top 5 pick. Since when is it Painter’s responsibility to have guys succeed in the league? It’s on him to get them to the league which he’s done plenty of times. 

• Like 1