2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

On 4/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, Initial79 said:

Here is the thing. For all the Purdue and IU guys saying this is a troll job etc

Unless the kid himself is trolling - something doenst add up 

- why take your commitment off your bio?

- why add IU pic back and no other visit pic? 
- why following Adam Howard last week the same hour you take your commitment off your bio? 

I’m going to bring this back to the front of the this thread. Something things still really point to him being out out and IU being in. Not sure how long it takes to play out but you don’t do the stuff he has done unless you are trolling IU hard. Don’t imagine Painter would be ok with that either. 

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I see a kid committed to purdue. Until he isn't, this thread is pointless.

It still exists and I chose to post in it?? Is that not a thing? 

Just  because he hasn’t made a public announcement on it doesn’t mean he is committed. if he is committed he is the only commit I have ever seen who would remove it from his profile, start following IU staff, post his IU visit pic again, start following adidas agent,’etc

his activity is either trolling or he will be de committing even if not coming to IU. 

guess I don’t understand the rules of this forum fully still. 

2 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Just  because he hasn’t made a public announcement on it doesn’t mean he is committed. if he is committed he is the only commit I have ever seen who would remove it from his profile, start following IU staff, post his IU visit pic again, start following adidas agent,’etc

his activity is either trolling or he will be de committing even if not coming to IU. 

He was just interviewed by Purdue’s beat writer today and said he’s excited about getting to Purdue. Sure things can change but as of now, there doesn’t seem to be much concern on Purdue’s side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He was just interviewed by Purdue’s beat writer today and said he’s excited about getting to Purdue. Sure things can change but as of now, there doesn’t seem to be much concern on Purdue’s side. 

And did the best writer ask him why he would do what he did and is still doing? It makes no sense at all. recruits don’t do that.

38 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Not like that man and you know darn well Painter would not be okay with that. 

I guarantee plenty of recruits have done stuff like that before. If I had to guess, he’s probably messing with classmates of his who have been giving him a hard time and want him to go to IU. I don’t think it’s a big deal he’s a kid having fun. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I guarantee plenty of recruits have done stuff like that before. If I had to guess, he’s probably messing with classmates of his who have been giving him a hard time and want him to go to IU. I don’t think it’s a big deal he’s a kid having fun. 

I am not saying Catching will decommit but Eric Gordon kept saying he was still solid for Illinois. We all remember how that ended up 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

These coaches all follow their recruits like hawks on social media. When my kid makes a post about anything they immediately like, comment etc. right away. Call them if they don’t like something.  If he did that as a joke, he would have a call from Painter right away who would say, don’t play like that. Not a good look for us. 

you and every Purdue guy knows this but easy to try and act like it isn’t a thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Post all the conspiracy crap all you want, idc. Its still pointless until he de-commits.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Post all the conspiracy crap all you want, idc. Its still pointless until he de-commits.

Will do

FYI - conspiracy is not a conspiracy just because you don’t want to acknowledge facts. I simply asked for anyone to explain why any recruit would ever do all he has done. The answer is you don’t know either. 

I can tell you this, if JHS had done what Catchings has done this entire board would lose their mind until it was actually resolved. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Initial79 said:

Will do

FYI - conspiracy is not a conspiracy just because you don’t want to acknowledge facts. I simply asked for anyone to explain why any recruit would ever do all he has done. The answer is you don’t know either. 

I can tell you this, if JHS had done what Catchings has done this entire board would lose their mind until it was actually resolved. 

I would posit that a good majority of this board has already lost their minds 😛

• Haha 6

Uh…. Yep. Didn’t say he wasn’t. Sometimes I feel like I am being punked with the responses 😂

I know he is, I also know something makes zero sense. Also “committed” is a verbal and not signed. That means less and less to coaches now days (don’t like it but reality). 

my only reason for responding again is, can we not discuss it? Why do people keep coming here and saying this? I know this.  

9 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Uh…. Yep. Didn’t say he wasn’t. Sometimes I feel like I am being punked with the responses 😂

I know he is, I also know something makes zero sense. Also “committed” is a verbal and not signed. That means less and less to coaches now days (don’t like it but reality). 

my only reason for responding again is, can we not discuss it? Why do people keep coming here and saying this? I know this.  

Are you Catchings????

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

I just think he’s pointless to talk about until something actually happens. Until then it’s just message board nonsense and it’s not just from you. There’s plenty of people all over IU message boards that keep bringing him up.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I know if I was rethinking things that I would totally be open about my thought process with a journalist who is going to run and tell everyone my every word.

This may all be a bunch of nothing but any interview touching on the topic with the kid is useless.  These dudes always give the answer the interviewer wants to hear.  

• Thanks 1