2024 F Kanon Catchings Commits to Purdue

btownqb

43 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

You are discounting the drama that happened. His family might be all Purdue but imho Kanon isn’t. 

Or maybe the “drama” wasn’t really drama in the grand scheme of things? Maybe it was just a kid being a kid and being peer-pressured by people to decommit?

Edited by Stlboiler23

3 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Totally different scenario. Kanon has signaled he’s not sure. My take is he’s going to keep his options open. If he was headed to a private school like montverde imho he would probably go to college. Plus Katchings is a 5* riser. He’s going to maximize his earnings potential. Ivey at this point wasn’t on the radar or close to a 5*. 

You are saying 5 star recruits get paid?

If he is all-in for Purdue great…

if not it’s better to know before next year 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't see Catchings going to Purdue after this move. Probably won't play college at all. Has anyone gone from OTE to play college basketball 

I agree with you 

if he likes it…why not stay one more year?

sucks to lose your senior year of HS too

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Or maybe the “drama” wasn’t really drama in the grand scheme of things? Maybe it was just a kid being a kid and being peer-pressured by people to decommit?

Drama is still drama. How well do things turn out on average after things like this happen. Clearly something significant happened. 

18 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

My bold prediction:  He never plays a game for Turdue.

He gone:

Tauja Catchings said it is tough for her, too. But part of the draw of Overtime Elite has nothing to do with basketball.

“Traditional school has not been easy for him,” she said. “With his goals (in basketball), there are things that Overtime Elite can offer from the business of basketball that you aren’t going to get in a traditional school.

If you want money & one & done why go to Purdue?  
MP hasn’t been in favor of paying recruits….doesn’t mean a rich donor won’t 

Purdue will have stiff competition 

furst TKR Heide Colvin Waddell Gillis?

giving up 2-5 years of HS & college….the best years of your life to chase money 

you can have both 

Not sure you can convince me you won’t get better coaching at IU or Purdue 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He gone:

Tauja Catchings said it is tough for her, too. But part of the draw of Overtime Elite has nothing to do with basketball.

Traditional school has not been easy for him,” she said. “With his goals (in basketball), there are things that Overtime Elite can offer from the business of basketball that you aren’t going to get in a traditional school.

That doesn't make it sound like getting a degree is high on the list or that College would even be a place for him with or without basketball as a consideration.

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

If you want money & one & done why go to Purdue?  
MP hasn’t been in favor of paying recruits….doesn’t mean a rich donor won’t 

Purdue will have stiff competition 

furst TKR Heide Colvin Waddell Gillis?

giving up 2-5 years of HS & college….the best years of your life to chase money 

you can have both 

Not sure you can convince me you won’t get better coaching at IU or Purdue 

Get the money now and focus on basketball pretty much full time. He can always go back/to college if he fails at OTE or when his normal playing days are over.  

Here is a question.  If a scholarship player decides to go pro, does IU still honor the scholarship benefits if the former player just decides to come back and get his degree or would the former player need to pay for that?

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Smell Fear GIF - Smell Fear Serious GIFs

I’ll say the same thing I say to you guys when fans are freaking out about not getting every recruit…

IU & Purdue are gonna get talent 

if he’s another Ivey I’ll pass for a 4 year guy who actually cares about college and might get in a defensive stance 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

I’ll say the same thing I say to you guys when fans are freaking out about not getting every recruit…

if he’s another Ivey I’ll pass for a 4 year guy who actually cares about college and might get in a defensive stance 

Ahh scoring the ball is paramount 🙈🙈

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Pass on another guy who’d be a lottery pick? Come on now lol. I love Morton but give me Ivey over him any day of the week. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sure wish there was more to discuss about someone actually interested in playing for CMW

This staff seems to play recruiting close to the vest.  That and a bunch of our recruits being out of state is probably lending to the lack of rumors.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sure wish there was more to discuss about someone actually interested in playing for CMW

Not sure why I check this thread. No one cares about this recruit. He is not coming to IU. Who the F*** cares about a Purdue guy

lock this fuc**** thing io

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pass on another guy who’d be a lottery pick? Come on now lol. I love Morton but give me Ivey over him any day of the week. 

Ok. You cannot call Kanon a lotto pick, worlds away from that... 

But.. your point is correct. You don't say no thanks to an Ivey. 

• Like 1