2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

4 minutes ago, JJack said:

If IU is equal or better in the NIL game they'll get him.  The end game is to be a lottery pick $$$$ not get to a Final 4 to appease a fanbase.  He'll be featured in IU's offense and he'll get more shots and playing time.  TJD and JHS being first rounders is a big deal. 

I don't think you can disregard wanting to win at a high level and leaving a legacy, not everything is always money money money.  There are multiple facets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think you can disregard wanting to win at a high level and leaving a legacy, not everything is always money money money.  There are multiple facets.

Do one and done players leave a legacy at KU? They barely do here and we've had less of them than they have. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Do one and done players leave a legacy at KU? They barely do here and we've had less of them than they have. 

Who knows what a kid wants from his college experience.  Could be only about money and he doesn't care if he wins at all as long as he gets his and moves on.  But there is a reason UNC, Kansas, Kentucky and Duke get great recruiting classes.  I am not knocking IU and if he chooses IU, i can see why, i could also see why he would choose Kansas over IU.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How crazy is it that a bunch of adult people are obsessing over a decision by an 18 year old kid. I guess that is what makes college sports so great 

There it is.  Might as well post this comment over the entire recruiting forum.  Also, sort of ironic making this comment in the thread lol. 

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

There's not enough pot in the world to make me calm down. I can't remember the last recruitment where there were zero leaks/info coming out. Good for Mack! Lets have a day Hoosiers!Bob-Marley-Smoking-Poster-1000x1356.jpg

Was probably Cody Zeller.

I actually had insider knowledge on that one but they kept a very tight lid on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

My gut says Kansas unless the staff was able to sell him on the idea of being a primary or secondary option and leaving doubt that Kansas would give him such a large role.

Originally committing to Duke to me means that being part of a big brand and a team that could win a national title is important. Also probably have more NIL $ to offer. 

I hope I’m wrong but we’ve rarely won recruitments like this and have yet to see any of these people flip their predictions. 

Duke doesn't have K anymore.  The idea they are contenders every years with a first time head coach is laughable.  It could be argued they very much underperformed last year, even with some of the injuries.  A few more seasons and reality will set it.  Scheyer is not K. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Duke doesn't have K anymore.  The idea they are contenders every years with a first time head coach is laughable.  It could be argued they very much underperformed last year, even with some of the injuries.  A few more seasons and reality will set it.  Scheyer is not K. 

Weird. I’ve been told by Duke fans and two posters on HSN that replacing a coaching legend is easy. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IUALUM03 said:

If Duke doesn't perform the next couple years they could be in trouble moving forward. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it's IU, but I won't be shocked either way.

The case for Kansas is basically the case for Duke, which he recommitted from. I understand there is a little more logjam at Duke, but the best path to minutes at Kansas is playing the 4 as they are very heavy with off guards that will take up some minutes at the 3.

60/40 IU, IMO. 

Not saying it was specifically coordinated or there is a direct link, but to your point about MM most likely spending at least part of his time at the 4 for Kansas, this is where signing the transfer from Miami could be a sneaky important move. 

With that signing, we can pretty much guarantee that MM will be a straight up wing at IU. He won't he guarding 4's or 5's part time, he'll exclusively be a wing. 

If I'm Woodson, I would have called MM yesterday the second the backup big at Kansas announced he was entering the portal and reiterated this point emphatically. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUAlumn09 said:

I also thought it was 6 pm EST and 5 CST. Do we have evidence of a change in time to 5 EST?

Ask someone that doesn't understand time zones :)

...well maybe it is 5.  I figured it was time zone confusion.

Edited by iuswingman

27 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

100%.  If true, why wait 72 hours after canceling the UL visit to say Kansas if he was a silent commit all along?  

It also could be transactional. UL asked for 72 hours to come up with NIL money that matches IU and KU and once they couldn’t come up with it then visit cancelled.

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Weird. I’ve been told by Duke fans and even posters on HSN that replacing a coaching legend is easy. 

You never want to be the guy that immediately follows a legend. That said IU has screwed up things multiple times post RMK.

• Like 3