2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

I didn’t really expect this, because I didn’t think we were at a point yet to compete with the likes of Kansas for top recruits. I can’t overstate how big this is for future recruiting battles, especially, if it translates into winning titles and NBA draft picks. 😁 🤚🤚🤚

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

How long do we think Woodson has in him?  Because I’m up for an open-ended contract at this point

Take it from a REAL old fart. He has at least 10yrs+ left, if he wants it. Mentally, he's as sharp as anybody. Question is will his body hold up?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Give him a lifetime contract so Self can’t hold it over him!

Every time I hear "lifetime contract" I'm reminded of when St Louis Cardinals owner 84 year old Gussie Busch told 58 year old Whitey Herzog he wanted to give HIM a lifetime contract, to which Whitey quipped, "My lifetime or yours?"

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

I read somewhere Geronimo was looking forward to playing IU

Not to rain down on him, but unless he improves his play significantly, he'll be watching most of the game from the bench.

I read his article, and he said he wanted to experience AH from an opponent's point of view. I hope we receive him lovingly. I think we will.

• Like 3

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

From ESPN...

Mgbako spoke with Carmelo Anthony, who played for Indiana coach Mike Woodson while with the New York Knicks. He said that Anthony told him, "[Woodson] is a genuine guy. But on the court, he will push you."

This is exactly what I mean.  I don’t want to imply CMW is the only coach who can can call up NBA superstars (Cal sure can, among many others), but who can combine that with the other things I just mentioned??

• Like 6