2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I’d be surprised if there was much material difference in NIL offering between us and KU. Think either school could ultimately come up with the funds to match for a kid like Mgbako, it came down to where he wanted to be. Which was here :) 

Unknown, and I do think he liked Woody and staff much better, but the Cuban business near the end yesterday is at least interesting 🙂

• Like 3

Also, for the high and mighty Kansas crowd, they should look at this article...

Of course, Kansas’s history of recruiting “real guys” also predates Self. The NCAA’s Notice of Allegations cites six other major infractions cases involving the school between 1957–2006, most of them tied to basketball. Fact is, Kansas has been amazingly successful at getting talented players from places like New York, California, Philadelphia and Detroit to come to the little slice of prairie heaven that is Lawrence. Dating back to the days of Wilt Chamberlain in the 1950s, Kansas seemed to have a knack for finding city kids who just like looking at waving wheat fields. So in that sense, Bill Self is merely keeping alive a longstanding tradition.

🤣

@FKIM01 I think it's time to hand them the Butt Hurt Cream :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They were so predictable after he popped for us.  "Fake blue blood", "You need him more than us", "We are going to beat you by 30 on your floor".  

Yawn.  Bunch of cheating b*tches, we took off 2 decades and still have more titles than their asses.

Apparently their fan board didn’t get the message! IU is a major player again! No longer the butt of jokes and ridicule! I notice our up north friends haven’t shown up yet!

• Like 1

Think about all of the instances that led to yesterday.

X injury, JHS chance to shine looking great to other recruits, X getting waiver, TJD development, Ware commit to replicate TJD development, MM asking out of Duke commit because Kyle Filipowski coming back, HD transfer to Kansas to muddy up their rotations, MM no longer a Nike kid, Adidas stepping in....and all of that led to us having an open Wing position for one of the top recruits in the country who know he can trust the staff.

I think I have all of those dominos correct. What a haul. Hopefully a lesson for the mid April freak out crowd....portal season lasts a long time.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

Looking back, I always thought we had a good chance with Mgbako. As @Initial79 kept saying, IU just made too much sense. KS was almost as crowded as Duke and here he can be featured. I'd like to know if he decided on Friday or knew it was going to be IU before, during, or just after his visit.

Anyways, great job by all involved. Safe to blow out the candles now. 

I'm only guessing but, I think it was during and after the visit. My reasoning? Easy, the pic of his visit with his parents and CMW. When I looked at the photos, those smiles were genuine, I didn;t get the same feel looking at the photos from his other visits.

Again, JMO

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Think about all of the instances that led to yesterday.

X injury, JHS chance to shine looking great to other recruits, X getting waiver, TJD development, Ware commit to replicate TJD development, MM asking out of Duke commit because Kyle Filipowski coming back, HD transfer to Kansas to muddy up their rotations, MM no longer a Nike kid, Adidas stepping in....and all of that led to us having an open Wing position for one of the top recruits in the country who know he can trust the staff.

I think I have all of those dominos correct. What a haul. Hopefully a lesson for the mid April freak out crowd....portal season lasts a long time.

I heard until Memorial Day at least.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2