2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty sure the people in aisle 4 helped him clean up his mess....you know the hundreds of NBA players that Coach Woodson has coached/developed in his lifetime?? 

While on the subject of Coach Woodson. One other person has to be smiling and having a beer tonight. Scott Dolson. Kudos to you man for going against the stream. This is exactly what you envisioned. 2 years in. 2 tourneys. Recruiting is strong....and building more NBA type players who will be in the green room in 13 months. You keep knocking at those doors....the F4's will come.

Put kids in the NBA and the recruiting classes will only get stronger. That’s what matters…that’s all that’s mattered for last 30 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is huge! Not even for the obvious reasons of having MM's talent at a position of need next season. 

But even larger IMO for the long-term is that we not only beat Kansas/Self for a top 10 recruit, but MM specifically cited Mike Woodson and his player development as his reason for choosing IU in that battle. 

That's massive. 

Yeah, second paragraph for sure. Other recruits will take notice which will bode well

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is huge! Not even for the obvious reasons of having MM's talent at a position of need next season. 

But even larger IMO for the long-term is that we not only beat Kansas/Self for a top 10 recruit, but MM specifically cited Mike Woodson and his player development as his reason for choosing IU in that battle. 

That's massive. 

Asa you are next cmon down

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Congrats to MM and his family. Great job CMW and the coaching staff. 

Another sign IU is continuing to climb back into relevance. No way MM, JHS, Malik, or Ware show up in Bloomington under the previous leadership. Now show us a run in the tournament.

MM almost guaranteed to be one and done. Really hoping Banks develops and becomes the hidden gem over the next season.  

Things looking good for IU. Would not be surprised if they add one more surprise that makes the team better.

Going against MM every day in practice has to help him with that right

I hope this recruitment will show people not to panic when something doesn't go out way early in the off season. For some when we lost out on Ledlum and Knecht the season was going to be a disaster.  I also saw on another site a thread about Dingle and him committing to SJU. It was this morning and some posters were freaking out and saying we need to fire our assistants because they can't recruit. That really aged well about 9 hours later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Noticed one comment where he suggests he may be able to start. I take that to mean he was not promised a starting spot, which says a lot about him and CMW. You earn your time on the court at IU. My guess is he will start and play big minutes from day one. He's got that level of talent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was a joke because I got home from work and decided to take a shower to get back here by 6. I went to Facebook and saw that he committed

Not mad at all

Much better ! getting all cleaned up for the announcement even, now that is die hard level stuff. :)

But never forget, if you are on time, you're 10 minutes late! (5:50 facebook time).

• Haha 3