2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

3 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Woodson just has that uncle / grandpa / dad vibe that other folks can’t replicate.  Part of it is age, part of it is race, part of it is cultural.  He also played CBB, won a natty, played in the NBA, coached in the NBA?

Man, Scott Dolson, take a bow…

100% ... all of that, plus 3 "young" assts with ties, energy. It's a good combo... along with our states talent, NIL, fans, etc... lets see how much it can grow!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

From ESPN...

Mgbako spoke with Carmelo Anthony, who played for Indiana coach Mike Woodson while with the New York Knicks. He said that Anthony told him, "[Woodson] is a genuine guy. But on the court, he will push you."

He's going to need to learn the college game, I thought! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

100% ... all of that, plus 3 "young" assts with ties, energy. It's a good combo... along with our states talent, NIL, fans, etc... lets see how much it can grow!

We are already seeing it. Buckle up for the ride. Our staff ain't playing kids games.  🦾

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read somewhere Geronimo was looking forward to playing IU

I think I know IU is looking forward to playing him. Pump fake (he'll jump) and let him shot (or drive) and we'll be good. Yes, he'll get some rebounds, and maybe a dunk, but he'll most likely be hurt by halftime. Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I do love him, but he didn't do much with PT or without. Meaning he really needs to understand what he's good at, and I am not sure what that is besides jumping. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

50 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

With that lineup it seems like we’re one legit guard scorer away from being a tough tough team. Length. Athleticism. Def gonna be a few growing pains. Mgbako and Banks. Wow. That’s scary 1-2 at that spot. No reason to be out rebounded next year.  

I'm ok with Galloway starting. He (along with X) can relieve some of the defensive pressure on MM and be a good glue guy. Do all the little things. 

• Like 3

Congrats to MM and his family. Great job CMW and the coaching staff. 

Another sign IU is continuing to climb back into relevance. No way MM, JHS, Malik, or Ware show up in Bloomington under the previous leadership. Now show us a run in the tournament.

MM almost guaranteed to be one and done. Really hoping Banks develops and becomes the hidden gem over the next season.  

Things looking good for IU. Would not be surprised if they add one more surprise that makes the team better.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Woodson just has that uncle / grandpa / dad vibe that other folks can’t replicate.  Part of it is age, part of it is race, part of it is cultural.  He also played CBB, won a natty, played in the NBA, coached in the NBA?

Man, Scott Dolson, take a bow…

Well said