2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

53 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Whoever the Moore writer is, clearly doesn’t know Indiana.? Twice he mentions Malik at the 5?? And this quote  “Two years of Woodson has proven he prefers scoring on the interior” ??? Wow!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda see Reneau and Ware as interchangeable between the 4 and 5...

Both can play in the post and score...

On a short sample size, both can shoot the midrange jumper better than Trayce and at least equal (if not better) than Race...

Both can hit the 3 pointers (again on a very short sample size, particularly Malik) at or near Race's numbers (Ware was at 28%, Malik 25%, and Race at 28%)...

Unless Mgbako is better from 3 than his high school numbers suggest, I DO think we'll look to score inside a lot... But I think it'll also be more of a balance than it has been in the past 2 years...

Unless we have a couple of kids emerge, I don't think Woody is inclined to make us into the 2022-13 Knicks just yet... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda see Reneau and Ware as interchangeable between the 4 and 5...

Both can play in the post and score...

On a short sample size, both can shoot the midrange jumper better than Trayce and at least equal (if not better) than Race...

Both can hit the 3 pointers (again on a very short sample size, particularly Malik) at or near Race's numbers (Ware was at 28%, Malik 25%, and Race at 28%)...

Unless Mgbako is better from 3 than his high school numbers suggest, I DO think we'll look to score inside a lot... But I think it'll also be more of a balance than it has been in the past 2 years...

Unless we have a couple of kids emerge, I don't think Woody is inclined to make us into the 2022-13 Knicks just yet... 

I agree with what you’re saying.  However, Moore made it sound like the team is being built around Malik as the 5. Aslo there is no way Coach prefers, scoring in the paint.

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I agree with what you’re saying.  However, Moore made it sound like the team is being built around Malik as the 5. Aslo there is no way Coach prefers, scoring in the paint.

Oh, I know he doesn't prefer it, but just like he did in his 2 years with Trayce, he's gonna go with what he sees as the team's strength...but as I said, I do think it'll be more balanced with and outside and dribble-drive attack... I keep thinking of XJ's thundering jam at Maryland 2 years ago, and Trey almost putting Edey on a poster last year... Get those bigs to respect our bigs mid-range/outside game, and that'll happen more... 

A couple of other things... Trayce, Race, and Kopp averaged 19 boards a game cumulatively last year, with, of course, Trayce accounting for over half that total... But does anyone besides me see a better rebounding frontcourt with Ware, Reneau, and Mgbako?

Last thing (I promise 🙂) don't discount Reneau's passing ability, both on the interior and on the break... The kid has an innate sense about making good basketball plays (except maybe when guarding 1 on 1 🙂)... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Screenshot_20230514-070201.thumb.png.4da0956140e66d74c2d8b200181d972a.png

Kansas fan worrying about rules?!?!

FdHe.gif.bf3e01f1b1827af3e1aa2f9de5ce116f.gif

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2022/11/2/23436746/bill-self-suspension-kansas-basketball-ncaa-violations-fbi-scandal

They are just pissed that everyone can legally play their game now.  Kansas isn't jack without the cheating the past few decades.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rico said:

Uh, I will never, ever treat a KU fan like family.  Unless one marries into my family, and even then I dunno...

For me, it was more about laughing at the dumb KU Twitter fans and the dumber $70/month KU discord fans who pay for terrible information.  They were sooooo smug and arrogant about Mgbako based on their terrible "intelligence" and then tried to paper over it by saying that Cuban bought the commit at the last minute (wrong on multiple levels).

It's pretty obvious in hindsight that Kansas absolutely did not lead after (and more likely during) the IU visit.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

For me, it was more about laughing at the dumb KU Twitter fans and the dumber $70/month KU discord fans who pay for terrible information.  They were sooooo smug and arrogant about Mgbako based on their terrible "intelligence" and then tried to paper over it by saying that Cuban bought the commit at the last minute (wrong on multiple levels).

It's pretty obvious in hindsight that Kansas absolutely did not lead after (and more likely during) the IU visit.

Like following google maps into a lake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....my OCD has kicked in! The ball on his left, our right, needs to be shifted so it shows the Adidas and IU logo centered like the other one! lol😵🧐🤣

With the ball on his left tilting downward Mgbako is trying to tell us he's unhappy with Mike Woodson and staff for providing free Kit Kat's instead of Twix. We need to fix this immediately. 

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, FKIM01 said:

Ok hear me out on this...based on the logic of this post if Awesome Kansas Fans are part of Real life then twitter Kansas fans and Discord Kansas fan's aren't part of real life. Which means that Kentucky Fans and Purdue fans aren't part of real life either. Makes perfect sense now! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....my OCD has kicked in! The ball on his left, our right, needs to be shifted so it shows the Adidas and IU logo centered like the other one! lol😵🧐🤣

Adrian Monk..."It's a jungle out there.  Disorder and confusion everywhere.  No one seems to care, but I do!  Hey! Who's in charge here!"

• Haha 3

Just as important as TJD development, just as important as JHS and likely lottery pick this year...if MM can come in and perform at the levels we think he can....these 3 guys will have setup IU/Woodson recruiting for the very least 24 and 25 classes and beyond.

We will have each position on the court (guard/wing/big) covered...but getting national guys like JHS....and now add Ware/MM? In one month we've upped our national trajectory as much as we have since Crean was here with Vonleh, Bryant,etc...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

This is your takeaway from Mackenzie signing? Asking for a friend.

bazinga_sheldon_600x600.jpg.10e8b3d215b28a110b62477f73f4b3d4.jpg

image.gif.c3eb969ed3c813858197d8302d929c6e.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

Listening to Kenya on a podcast, and he mentioned that MM's Mom actually reached out to Woody herself to see if IU had any interest her son. She did not know Woody before hand according to Kenya.

Found that very interesting.

That’s not possible. Cuban bought him through a shell company, remember? :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4