Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

@IUFLA - two questions, and I’ve answered yours despite you refusing to do the same. 

Who was the best team in the Big Ten last season?

How do you feel about the fact that Matt Painter was 5 games better in non-H2H games than Mike Woodson, and winning the conference tournament, despite Woodson having what you say is a better team?

50 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

@IUFLA - two questions, and I’ve answered yours despite you refusing to do the same. 

How do you feel about the fact that Matt Painter was 5 games better in non-H2H games than Mike Woodson, and winning the conference tournament, despite Woodson having what you say is a better team?

He said he is stepping away from the conversation to save the rest of us from having our eyes bleed out from reading the back and forth.

Why keep poking? You two are never going to agree on anything. You aren't going to convince each other.

The rest of us don't need to keep reading it.

Sometimes it's ok to just walk away. Good grief 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

He said he is stepping away from the conversationntontonsave the rest of us from having flour eyes bleed out from reading the back and forth.

Why keep breaking poking. You two are never going to agree on anyrhing. You aren't going to convince each other.

The rest of us don't need to keep reading it.

Sometimes it's ok to just walk away. Good grief 

Yeah… I had completely ignored this stupid conversation when he posted it the other day and then he directly asked me. He’s not the good guy or the victim. To use an IU example, he’s the  Xavier Johnson of this board  

Blowing up every single thread and refusing to engage in actual discussion is the problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah… I had completely ignored this stupid conversation when he posted it the other day and then he directly asked me. He’s not the good guy or the victim. To use an IU example, he’s the  Xavier Johnson of this board  

Blowing up every single thread and refusing to engage in actual discussion is the problem. 

Never said he was any of the above.

I am now publicly asking you two to just avoid each other. 99% of us are really just fed up with every thread becoming you two going after each other. That's all.

Not taking any sides except the side that says please "dear God make it stop"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

you have the same issue. you cannot have a simple discussion without getting heated, being demeaning, and turning into an attack. 

You do bring a lot of information to the board, which I truly appreciate, but I wont engage in a discussion with you. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

you have the same issue. you cannot have a simple discussion without getting heated, being demeaning, and turning into an attack. 

You do bring a lot of information to the board, which I truly appreciate, but I wont engage in a discussion with you. 

Noted. I think j have plenty of simple discussions that I don’t do that, but I don’t respond well to bad faith discussions and being targeted.

I’ll happily not engage with folks that do that if it makes it better for everyone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Noted. I think j have plenty of simple discussions that I don’t do that, but I don’t respond well to bad faith discussions and being targeted.

I’ll happily not engage with folks that do that if it makes it better for everyone. 

Engage away. I think you bring a lot to this board. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Purdue was by far the best team last in the Big Ten and there is no argument with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Sparty 1-4 tied with the Wolverweenies for last place. Any highlights from grumpy Izzo postgame? 

He was actually positive but in true Izzo form he's now playing the I know you guys are counting us out card. Amazing how often you see it with people. Make a point which causes some backlash and quickly play the victim card. 

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

66...Anything else you want to know?

Yes, and Purdue had the weakest conference schedule while we had the toughest...They got to play the bottom 4 7 times...We got to play them 4 times...Schedules do make a difference...

But head to head, we were better...It's as simple as that...There's no other way to qualify who is better than on the court, don't you agree?

Very surprised.

Nope. I would have asked if I wanted to know something else.

And no, sorry. UCF upsetting Kansas in their gym doesn’t make them better than Kansas. It made them better on that day. That’s it. Can’t believe this is even a discussion.

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before the 4th party of the "Mean Girls" posse showed up...

You guys are beyond belief...One the court/field results don't matter? Is that what you're saying? That's absolutely laughable...

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this...The people on this forum hate that, and I'm not going to perpetuate it...

I do think it's sad that a mod constantly takes one side and nothing is done about it...

And you’re 66 years old… wow. 

5 hours ago, Basketball Junkie said:

So Woodson's 0-4 record against Iowa is concrete proof that Iowa is a better program and Mccaffery is a far better coach?

Has to be by his logic. But he flip flops on everything and moves the goalposts, so he’ll have some comeback he thinks makes sense. 

Sorry @bluegrassIU. I’m done. I’ll try not to be part of the mean girl posse, or whatever he said/means. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before the 4th party of the "Mean Girls" posse showed up...

You guys are beyond belief...One the court/field results don't matter? Is that what you're saying? That's absolutely laughable...

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this...The people on this forum hate that, and I'm not going to perpetuate it...

I do think it's sad that a mod constantly takes one side and nothing is done about it...

Mods are allowed to have opinions?  I'm not too sure what the point is here.  If we started banning for opinions, we'd have a small board.  If we don't allow mods to post their opinions, none of us would come on here.  

• Like 3