Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious what your two friends think about the TSJ situation? Seems like the majority of Illini fans I see are acting like it never happened and sweeping it under the rug. 

His preliminary hearing was moved to May, until that happens there's nothing new to talk about. Media isn't bringing it up during Illini games either. Not sure what else you are expecting?

That’s unfathomable haha. But Underwood thinks TSJ showed out on defense lol. 

Christie had 17 points in the first half, TSJ guarded him in the 2nd half and he had 2 baskets, one with only 2 1/2  minutes left. He and Hawkins are good individual defenders but (especially Coleman) the way they are being used doesn't allow them to show it.

Illinois fans are pulling up random stats from when Rapheal played to try to show that he wasn’t THAT good of a defender. What a weird/entitled fanbase. 

Davis was touting Ace Baldwin for his team and PSU's defense is worse than Illinois. There's that Boiler logic....

23 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

His preliminary hearing was moved to May, until that happens there's nothing new to talk about. Media isn't bringing it up during Illini games either. Not sure what else you are expecting?

Christie had 17 points in the first half, TSJ guarded him in the 2nd half and he had 2 baskets, one with only 2 1/2  minutes left. He and Hawkins are good individual defenders but (especially Coleman) the way they are being used doesn't allow them to show it.

Davis was touting Ace Baldwin for his team and PSU's defense is worse than Illinois. There's that Boiler logic....

You think TSJ/Hawkins deserve to be All-Defense over Baldwin? 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You think TSJ/Hawkins deserve to be All-Defense over Baldwin? 

I think all 3 are decent candidates. I expect Baldwin will make it because many voters will go look at the stats and see that he leads the conference in steals (even though steals isn't really a great stat for defense). And Omoruyi will probably make it because he leads in blocks.

All-defense teams are really kind of dumb when you think about it. So much of defense depends on the scheme/teammates and doing stuff that doesn't show up in stats.

OK maybe this is the first post for big ten BBall NEXT year... Im watching UCLA vrs Washington... A player rebounds the ball, while on his but and slides backwards.... gets called for a travel..................

Do we get their zebras in the deal??? PLEASE?

If what I am watching of this left coast ball is correct, Its much more energetic to watch, much less about team, more about "get yours", while scoring the same in a totally  unorganized way is what we hope to achieve. Then this is some cool shit!!

If not, it looks a lot like 6th grade midwest middle school ball, the B team. except most 6th graders dont dunk it yet. Most dont.  

11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If what I am watching of this left coast ball is correct, Its much more energetic to watch, much less about team, more about "get yours", while scoring the same in a totally  unorganized way is what we hope to achieve. Then this is some cool shit!!

If not, it looks a lot like 6th grade midwest middle school ball, the B team. except most 6th graders dont dunk it yet. Most dont.  

On my way to Cali as I type where I hope to watch my 6th grade grandson play some middle school ball. I’ll let you know 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/29/2024 at 8:53 PM, cthomas said:

I actually enjoy watching a Purdue guy and an Illinois fan go back and forth on an IU board. Incredible! But, I guess after the season we are having I guess it's better than nothing.

Well, it's a thread on Big Ten hoops. Better get busy recruiting some UCLA and Oregon fans for next year. 🤣

• Like 1

Iowa and NW is a good one. NW is missing two starters going into the game and now had lost a third during this game. Iowa up 65-62 with 7 minutes to go. Boo Bouie just I hired his wrist but is still playing. I don't want to here about our injury to X being why we were losing

• Sad 1