IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

Got my Big 10+ subscription last night...Gotta keep it through the Kennesaw State game (December 29th) then pick up Peacock on December 5th for the Michigan game (don't wanna miss any slappin'! :D )...

I know there's a lot of talk in the Fland thread about what we need to win, but I think defense is where we have to improve...In 2022 we finished 75th in Drtg,,,Last year, 127th...We did improve our Ortg by quite a bit, but I think the step fdown in D was huge for us...And I think losing X was a big part of that...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Got my Big 10+ subscription last night...Gotta keep it through the Kennesaw State game (December 29th) then pick up Peacock on December 5th for the Michigan game (don't wanna miss any slappin'! :D )...

I know there's a lot of talk in the Fland thread about what we need to win, but I think defense is where we have to improve...In 2022 we finished 75th in Drtg,,,Last year, 127th...We did improve our Ortg by quite a bit, but I think the step fdown in D was huge for us...And I think losing X was a big part of that...

Agree on the D. With X and Gallo we have an excellent foundation. Ware and MM certainly have the ability to be plus defenders. If this team comes together the way we hope, I think a top 25 D is possible. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If there are any scheduling conflicts between IU Basketball and IU football, I just don't know how I'm going to decide which one to watch.  :coffee:

Shouldn't be too hard. I suspect TV will drop the remaining football games we have, and run re-runs of commercials from years past....

Hell, the exhibition games will be more entertaining than football, or even a BBall practice for that matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

We've all been 18 and know the temptations and pitfalls... And few of us have ever had to cope with the notoriety part...

Let's see what went down before we start advising Woody about punishment... 

Criminal trespass could be as simple as attending a party and the hosts ask everyone to leave and they didn't. Either way not good for the kid but hopefully the fanbase pumps the breaks on the state of the program talk haha.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We've all been 18 and know the temptations and pitfalls... And few of us have ever had to cope with the notoriety part...

Let's see what went down before we start advising Woody about punishment... 

Completely agree. 

Woodson will probably 'handle internally', which is fine by me. But, our fans will lose their minds because they don't know the details and think if they don't know that means nothing happened. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Woodson will probably 'handle internally', which is fine by me. But, our fans will lose their minds because they don't know the details and think if they don't know that means nothing happened. 

I've got no problem with Woody deciding on the punishment. I'm sure it will be proportionate to the actual offense.

However....this is where I part company with today's culture. I don't think it should be handled "internally". I think it needs to have the bright rays of sunshine put on it, and expose this actions and punishment publicly. If he gets "offended" fine by me. Maybe he'll think twice before putting himself in a precarious position in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DWB said:

I've got no problem with Woody deciding on the punishment. I'm sure it will be proportionate to the actual offense.

However....this is where I part company with today's culture. I don't think it should be handled "internally". I think it needs to have the bright rays of sunshine put on it, and expose this actions and punishment publicly. If he gets "offended" fine by me. Maybe he'll think twice before putting himself in a precarious position in the future.

He's 19 years old and a human. Hard pass. 

• Like 5