IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

25 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just finished reading Sam's write up on each player again, and really focused on the comments in red & blue. Couldn't help but theorize who these 2 guys are.

I have 3 candidates, based on their comments:

• Whitman or Ya (for red comments)
  • Fisch for (blue comments)

Also, LOVED reading that Gallo will be back in '24-'25 season.

I was wondering too. Could one be Walsh? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

The red quotes guy is very optimistic. He makes it sound like IU has one of the best teams in the nation, lol. It's nice to have that kind of enthusiasm from someone very close to or part of the program.

I’m only really interested in what other coaches say. Internal all glowing but gave little insight. Very puff piece from our staff on our guys. A lot of question marks for this team. Really hope it all comes together.

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thought? Is he overreacting? I think he is. I'd be more concerned if he had 3-5 clips like this. 

I'm more concerned about Reneau looking like a chicken with his head cut off the entire possession. 

On the flip side,  when he shot the three late, the entire team was hoisting the 3 sign.  If I could force myself to remove the first half from my memory I might trick myself into believing that looked like a top 20 team, even with it's flaws.  

Almost the entire team forgot to show up in the first. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thought? Is he overreacting? I think he is. I'd be more concerned if he had 3-5 clips like this. 

I'm more concerned about Reneau looking like a chicken with his head cut off the entire possession. 

I mean, we were playing like crap at that point and I am assuming there had been some precursor of what was to come at halftime.

To think the bench will always have energy, against a D2 opponent when we are playing bad, just kind of ignores human emotion IMO.

If they’re not excited when KW gets a block to win a game against Purdue then sure, read into it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would also say, this guy may be better suited to allow the keyboard to speak for him.  That was painful.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I generally like Ant's work but this seems like some click-bait work.

Unrelated question, I assume the starting guards are Johnson and Galloway, who will be the main backups for IU off the bench at those spots? Is Cupps the backup PG?

Yes those two most likely starting with Cupps and CJ Gunn off the bench. It seems likely that Jakai Newton may redshirt or else he would be a candidate there too. Probably won’t see a lot of Leal either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Yes those two most likely starting with Cupps and CJ Gunn off the bench. It seems likely that Jakai Newton may redshirt or else he would be a candidate there too. Probably won’t see a lot of Leal either.

Woody also said with Fisch he'd like to play X, Galloway, AND Cupps at the same time, and will for short stretches vs Marian...Interesting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Woody also said with Fisch he'd like to play X, Galloway, AND Cupps at the same time, and will for short stretches vs Marian...Interesting...

I would not mind seeing that develop into a closing lineup. Lots of ball handling and ball pressure. You could move Mack to the 4 and then have the 5 be matchup dependent. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would not mind seeing that develop into a closing lineup. Lots of ball handling and ball pressure. You could move Mack to the 4 and then have the 5 be matchup dependent. 

I like the idea of Cupps at the line shooting free throws in the closing minutes.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just watched the first qtr of the IU WBB game, and the movement of the players is far greater than what the guys showed Sunday. And the women have several new faces as well.

They came out hot. and lead 37-10 IU at the end of 1st qtr.

Woof.  That's quite a pace.

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

If Ware is the post, there's a deep threat at all 5 positions, and 3-4 can get their own shot. Plus the free throw shooting that was mentioned with that lineup. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Awesome clip! This is not meant as a shot a Woodson at all, but one thing i definitely miss about Crean is really confident offense and shooting. 

Loved the breakaway, jump-stop 3s. Those were daggers - they either killed the opponents confidence of killed their momentum. Either way, from a mental standpoint, they are demoralizing. And really not that bad from an analytics standpoint if the right guy is shooting them - they create long rebounds if missed.

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Loved the breakaway, jump-stop 3s. Those were daggers - they either killed the opponents confidence of killed their momentum. Either way, from a mental standpoint, they are demoralizing. And really not that bad from an analytics standpoint if the right guy is shooting them - they create long rebounds if missed.

I never felt more confident than when Yogi and Hulls were taking those pull up 3's. Felt like they were going in 75% of the time. And you're right. Those shots are flat out demoralizing to an opponent.