IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

14 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Pretty sure that the Harvard seat assignments are in IU ticket accounts but as of a day or so ago the digital tickets still weren't downloadable.

Thanks! I forget these go into a separate Ticketmaster account. Found mine, Sec 103. Disappointing. Last year I was able to get into the lower section for Miami OH. Wonder if they was an increase in demand.

Downloaded these to my Google wallet with no problem.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Second unit giving up 60%. Yikes. I mean, almost 40% by the starters is very bad but 60% is just totally killer. Teams shouldn't shoot anything but 3s when the bench is in if they're going to guard it that poorly.

Right! If you're shooting 60% from 3, then a wide open dunk is almost a bad shot 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Right! If you're shooting 60% from 3, then a wide open dunk is almost a bad shot 🤣

It almost is, especially coupled with how poorly this team rebounds. 2 shots at a 60% chance of making it is almost 3 points guaranteed. 84% chance, to be exact. 

Something needs to change or this season is going to get very bad very soon.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If we didn't already know that 3-point defense was bad, this should end all argument. 

Pretty clear that Mgbako is a poor defender as well, given that replacing him with Cupps shaves more than ten percentage points off outside shooting.  By process of elimination, MgBako, Gunn, Walker and Banks all need a lot of work on defending the arc.  I gave the fives a pass since their role should be mostly rim protection and I don't see opposing bigs killing IU from the arc...at least not yet.

If these guys don't tighten up a lot and quickly, the rotation is going to get a lot shorter a lot sooner just by necessity.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If we didn't already know that 3-point defense was bad, this should end all argument. 

Pretty clear that Mgbako is a poor defender as well, given that replacing him with Cupps shaves more than ten percentage points off outside shooting.  By process of elimination, MgBako, Gunn, Walker and Banks all need a lot of work on defending the arc.  I gave the fives a pass since their role should be mostly rim protection and I don't see opposing bigs killing IU from the arc...at least not yet.

If these guys don't tighten up a lot and quickly, the rotation is going to get a lot shorter a lot sooner just by necessity.

It's also tough when you usually have 3 of those 4 (Walker, Banks and Gunn) in together. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Perfect video example of just completely unnecessary over-helping. 

Don't mean to pick on Walker because he's not the only one, this happens constantly. Is the staff teaching this?

There is literally no reason to help this much. 

The first mistake is Ware not calling out the high ball screen. And it all goes downhill from there.

Edited by DWB

28 minutes ago, DWB said:

The first mistake is Ware not calling out the high ball screen. And it all goes downhill from there.

Hard to say if Ware said anything or not. But if he didn't I agree with you of course that not calling the screen is the first mistake. 

With that said, it's independent of Walker dramatically over-helping which then caused him to be completely out of position on the rotations. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I'll ask this here. Can a team add a player during season or at semester and be able to play right away?

I believe so under the right circumstances, ann early enrollee for example. During the Covid year, Parker Stewart could have played immediately. He was a grad transfer who had not been playing that season. 

• Thanks 1