IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Awesome clip! This is not meant as a shot at Woodson at all, but one thing i definitely miss about Crean is really confident offense and shooting. 

After the first three years, Crean teams were consistently very good on offense. Defense was always the issue.

He honestly was similar to Fran McCaffery in that sense. Crean was just able to have 2013 where he was able to get a good defense to go with an elite offense.

8 hours ago, Reacher said:

I don't think we looked like a top 25 team (from what little I saw) the past 2 games.  I think if things gel together quickly we might be by the end of year.

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't think we looked like a top 25 team (from what little I saw) the past 2 games.  I think if things gel together quickly we might be by the end of year.

Definitely agree.  I struggled to see why three 5 star kids, XJ, and Galloway wouldn't get us in or at least close to preseason top 25, but we don't look it yet. I'm excited for each upcoming game with this group.  I think we will see them get better and better.  

18 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I'm not one for keeping up with former players and didn't care much when it happened, but just saw Tamar Bates had 18 points on 7 of 9 shooting including 3 for 3 from 3 in his Missouri debut.  Maybe this is in another thread?  If so, sorry.  I don't look at a lot of them!  Too many too spread out!

It was posted elsewhere (college basketball across the nation)... Nice to see him getting off to a good start. After sitting next to his family at a game I've always been rooting for him to do well.

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Since I Cupps is being compared to Aaron Craft…who are the best defensive guards in Big Ten history?

Craft

McConnell 

Audige 

Eastern 

Kramer 

Rob(if he never got hurt?)

XJ has the ability 

Kelly 🦡 

Harper & Douglas Illini 

Bobby Wilkerson and Quinn Buckner. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Since I Cupps is being compared to Aaron Craft…who are the best defensive guards in Big Ten history?

Craft

McConnell 

Audige 

Eastern 

Kramer 

XJ has the ability 

Kelly 🦡 

Harper & Douglas Illini 

Quinn Buckner and Bobby Wilkerson 

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Craft

McConnell 

Audige 

Eastern 

Kramer 

XJ has the ability 

Kelly 🦡 

Harper & Douglas Illini 

maybe it's just my tainted biased hatred for Aaron Craft, but I think he was the beneficiary of his reputation of a good defender. I just remember he got away with a lot. I have had a couple of beers since then though. 

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

maybe it's just my tainted biased hatred for Aaron Craft, but I think he was the beneficiary of his reputation of a good defender. I just remember he got away with a lot. I have had a couple of beers since then though. 

Let’s hope Cupps gets some of that! Would be nice now that Coach has moved on. RIP Time for the officiating to let it rest as well!

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Craft invented or perfected walking into or under a jump shooter in the lane while showing his hands 🙌 

Hated him and back you down Sullinger 

But he had incredible lateral quickness 

Cupps can be a solid defender without half the quickness of the guys we mentioned 

Know your job/scouting report

Play hard

Communicate