IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's why I'd love to see some group if IT, Buckner, some of the guys from the 90's, etc., just come out and crush him. 

It's getting ridiculous, especially when Dakich tries to give the impression that he speaks for the "old school" players. 

I can’t get this scene out of my mind from Revenge of the Nerds! I’d love to see this from IU alums…..!!🤣🤣🤣

IMG_5895.gif.a8dec78dd7d09b0ff387b049aee16798.gif

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's why I'd love to see some group if IT, Buckner, some of the guys from the 90's, etc., just come out and crush him. 

It's getting ridiculous, especially when Dakich tries to give the impression that he speaks for the "old school" players. 

To what end though? Dakich will still have his platform. It's abundantly clear the man doesn't experience shame, so his behavior is unlikely to ever change.

I also suspect there are at least a few players who agree with much of what he says: about the state of the program, about the kids these days, and the broader cultural wars stuff that Dakich puts out now as well. Lots of men of a certain age in the player base.

So then we have bickering and infighting, with nothing gained and no clear path to resolution. I just don't think that serves the program any better than allowing Dakich to do his bitter old man routine to whoever wants to listen, and not treating his rantings as being if any significance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

To what end though? Dakich will still have his platform. It's abundantly clear the man doesn't experience shame, so his behavior is unlikely to ever change.

I also suspect there are at least a few players who agree with much of what he says: about the state of the program, about the kids these days, and the broader cultural wars stuff that Dakich puts out now as well. Lots of men of a certain age in the player base.

So then we have bickering and infighting, with nothing gained and no clear path to resolution. I just don't think that serves the program any better than allowing Dakich to do his bitter old man routine to whoever wants to listen, and not treating his rantings as being if any significance.

Agree to disagree. It's one thing to play the old man, "get off my lawn" shtick. It's an entire other thing to be calling out not only Mike Woodson's coaching resume and ability, but flat out questioning his character. 

He's called Woodson a liar and essentially called him unethical. Dakich needs to be put in his place whether it resolves anything or not. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree to disagree. It's one thing to play the old man, "get off my lawn" shtick. It's an entire other thing to be calling out not only Mike Woodson's coaching resume and ability, but flat out questioning his character. 

He's called Woodson a liar and essentially called him unethical. Dakich needs to be put in his place whether it resolves anything or not. 

I missed that. Just when I think Dakich couldn't be any more of a bitter loser he proves me wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Besides his podcast he doesn't really have a huge platform. He is no longer on local radio(thank God) or he does not do games on TV

Just now, BGleas said:

He pulled the Fife stuff out about two weeks ago on Twitter/X completely out of the blue and was flat out calling Woodson a liar. 

The various ADs over the past 25 years have made quite a few questionable or outright bad decisions. Not hiring Dakich after Sampson is not one of those and is looking smarter by the day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love to see Coach Woodson bite back, but I he is too “smart” for that childish back and forth. Unbelievable for Dock-itch to throw shade on Coach Woodson.

You know, it probably stings Dakitch more that Woody doesn’t engage. If he wants to get under Dan’s skin, just act like he doesn’t exist. 

Rather than report and analyze sports, Dan really tries to make himself the story. It’s actually pretty sad that he’s so desperate for some sort of relevance. 

I hope he gets some help…..maybe toughen up that fragile ego. I think he needs some more hugs in his life. Thoughts and prayers for Danny. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You know, it probably stings Dakitch more that Woody doesn’t engage. If he wants to get under Dan’s skin, just act like he doesn’t exist. 

Rather than report and analyze sports, Dan really tries to make himself the story. It’s actually pretty sad that he’s so desperate for some sort of relevance. 

I hope he gets some help…..maybe toughen up that fragile ego. I think he needs some more hugs in his life. Thoughts and prayers for Danny. 

Do you think Woodson is even aware of the things Dakich says? I would guess I spend more time reading about IU basketball than coach does, and I only know about these things because of this board. Even then, I only know when people properly imbed the tweets, which is 50/50 at best.

4 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Do you think Woodson is even aware of the things Dakich says? I would guess I spend more time reading about IU basketball than coach does, and I only know about these things because of this board. Even then, I only know when people properly imbed the tweets, which is 50/50 at best.

There's definitely people in the SID office monitoring this stuff. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Whether he’s aware or not, Woody doesn’t strike me as a guy who’d care about a yapping chihuahua. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:49 PM, Maedhros said:

When it comes to Dakich vs. Woody, I doubt many old-schoolers would be on Dakich's side.  I'm sure not.  I think Woody deserves a hell of a lot more respect for what he's accomplished.  In comparison, Dakich is just a loud mouth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

When it comes to Dakich vs. Woody, I doubt many old-schoolers would be on Dakich's side.  I'm sure not.  I think Woody deserves a hell of a lot more respect for what he's accomplished.  In comparison, Dakich is just a loud mouth.

The only commonality is that they both played for IU. Woody was an All-American. One of the best to wear the candy stripes. Dakich had one claim to fame, and even that has been overblown.

• Like 2

To me I think Woodson has treated these first two games as extra exhibition games. They haven't ran much offensively and it honestly doesn't look like they've done much game prep for these first two opponents. I personally don't like that and I'm hoping the team looks better prepared moving forward. I also think he's just trying to get a lot of guys playing time to see who can play and who can't even if it means the lineup combinations aren't good and look awful together as a whole. 

Calbert Cheaney filled in for Woody on his radio show while our Coach attended the birth of a grandchild (congratulations Woody!)...

The article has bullets at the end that are really good stuff, such as: 

"The guys kind of underestimated (Army). We tried to get them to understand it doesn't matter who you play, you have to be ready to play" ... "That's something that they're going to have to continue to learn" 

Fischer says off-air, he and Cheaney were talking and during practice the team is very vocal, but once they step into a game, "they don't say a word"

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fischer says off-air, he and Cheaney were talking and during practice the team is very vocal, but once they step into a game, "they don't say a word"

Combine that with, Cheaney says Cupps has a really high basketball IQ, one of IU's main talkers on the court basketball IQ!

Makes me wonder if a combo at times of Cupps and Mgbako wouldn’t help Mac show up?? Seems like X and Trey could learn some about leadership from the freshman???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Combine that with, Cheaney says Cupps has a really high basketball IQ, one of IU's main talkers on the court basketball IQ!

Makes me wonder if a combo at times of Cupps and Mgbako wouldn’t help Mac show up?? Seems like X and Trey could learn some about leadership from the freshman???

I still believe that IU won't be at it's best offensively until Mgbako is playing the 4 with Cupps, X, Trey, and Ware. Reneau could also be the 5 in place of Ware as well. I just think that combination needs to be together at different parts of the game. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I still believe that IU won't be at it's best offensively until Mgbako is playing the 4 with Cupps, X, Trey, and Ware. Reneau could also be the 5 in place of Ware as well. I just think that combination needs to be together at different parts of the game. 

Agree . 3 aggressive perimeter defenders that can all shoot and drive. Ware protecting the rim. Mgbako just has to stay with the opponents 4 man and make shots. He's inexperienced,  but should become a tough match-up. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That combination has to be together and we haven’t seen a single minutes of it yet…frustrating 

• Like 1