IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

I have been a defender of Woodson for most things. But this year. This year is put up or pack bags.

I’ve not been a defender since early this past year, but I want the same things you do, and I won’t be rooting for him to lose. But I can’t say I won’t be discouraged a lot quicker than you if things are rough early. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’ve not been a defender since early this past year, but I want the same things you do, and I won’t be rooting for him to lose. But I can’t say I won’t be discouraged a lot quicker than you if things are rough early. 

If it is rough early the expectations ratchet up to end the year.  If they start off slow but make the Final 4, ok, he rounded the roster to where it should be.  If I am hearing about the "hump" in February I am going to be pissed.  This is a talented roster, any humps better be in the rear view by the time conference really kicks off.

• Like 1

Assembly Call brought up an interesting point. Last year IU had 0 players on the roster to play at least 40% of minutes and have a career high of over 20 points. This year we have 6. 
TG -28

MR - 34

KC - 31

Rice - 35

Ballo - 30

MM - 24

when was the last time IU had the 1 and 2 be able to go out and get you 30? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Assembly Call brought up an interesting point. Last year IU had 0 players on the roster to play at least 40% of minutes and have a career high of over 20 points. This year we have 6. 
TG -28

MR - 34

KC - 31

Rice - 35

Ballo - 30

MM - 24

1-2? 

2 years ago. 

1-2-3-4-5-6? Not often. 

2013-- Cody, VO(2 games), Hulls, Watford, Sheehey (1 game)--- so just 5 on that team. 

----------------------------------------

20pts+ games as a FR

Kanaan-- 3x, Rice--- 6x, MM--- 3x. Kanaan also missed 8 or so games. 

Zeller--- 7x, Hulls---- 1x (Watford, Sheehey, and VO didn't score over 20 points in a game as FR)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1-2? 

2 years ago. 

1-2-3-4-5-6? Not often. 

2013-- Cody, VO(2 games), Hulls, Watford, Sheehey (1 game)--- so just 5 on that team. 

----------------------------------------

20pts+ games as a FR

Kanaan-- 3x, Rice--- 6x, MM--- 3x. Kanaan also missed 8 or so games. 

Zeller--- 7x, Hulls---- 1x (Watford, Sheehey, and VO didn't score over 20 points in a game as FR)

JHS/XJ?

26 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

TG -28

MR - 34

KC - 31

Rice - 35

Ballo - 30

MM - 24

Seems like a strange stat and not sure how much stock you can put into it but it’s intriguing nonetheless. We should have plenty of talent this year.

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

JHS/XJ?

Am I missing something? TJD and JHS 

ohhhhhhh.... you're saying their positions with "1-2". Gotcha gotcha. I thought you were saying our "best and 2nd best scorer".. gotcha. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, either way, I shouldn't have included that year, because JHS wasn't eligible for the exercise. Thanks and sorry for wasting time lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 02Hoosier said:

Seems like a strange stat and not sure how much stock you can put into it but it’s intriguing nonetheless. We should have plenty of talent this year.

It is and it isn’t. 
I think it shows the youth of last year, but also with the offensive struggles and with long droughts it appears we have a few options to go out and get a needed bucket. 
I don’t know if the 6 number really tells a lot. I think it’s the 0 number tells more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

It is and it isn’t. 
I think it shows the youth of last year, but also with the offensive struggles and with long droughts it appears we have a few options to go out and get a needed bucket. 
I don’t know if the 6 number really tells a lot. I think it’s the 0 number tells more. 

Seems to me 🤷‍♂️ that last year we didn’t have anyone including Ware that could go get their own! We may now have multiple options for getting that much needed bucket!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:57 PM, Muddy River said:

Please God, let this be the year we win at the Kohl Center…..

Should be the year we overcome a lot of our bugaboos. Rutgers…Wisconsin…only sad we don’t play Kentucky until 2025.  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:51 PM, kyhoosier29 said:

If I see him roll out large minutes of Ballo next to Reneau and Mgbako and whole sale NHL line changes and us running the same ole weave offense with Mgbako standing in the corner…I won’t be happy. If we don’t vary our offense and attack to utilize the different lineups and weapons we have…he will take a lot of heat. We have something very special in the making here.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 11:32 AM, ledies22 said:

TG -28

MR - 34

KC - 31

Rice - 35

Ballo - 30

MM - 24

30+ yrs

It's been slow. Thought I'd share some videos. Sleepers has been putting out a lot Indiana content lately. The first video, they talk about what's next, in terms of the transfer portal, for IU. The second video breaks down who has the better roster next year: IU or PU. Some interesting points are brought up that could make for some good conversation. 

*Sometimes I laugh because they have an on-going joke that Woody doesn't even know what the staff is doing in the portal and he's going to show up to practice on the first day and be like 'when did we get all these players?' haha. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 2

Unlike last year it’s easy to see all the pieces fitting together 

The only real question is defense & Newton? 

I still want to see MM at the 4 with MR playing more 5 when Ballo is out….not great defensively but it could be great offensively 

• Like 1