IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is encouraging….….

However, I wonder why the Indiana Jerseys and numbers are omitted? Are the sponsors below part of their NIL deals?

image.jpeg.443eb54838c077badf47440269314327.jpeg

Not sure, but if the camp is not held at IU, or...if the IU logo is used in any ads, there are royalties to pay and permission to get before hand.

6 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is encouraging….….

However, I wonder why the Indiana Jerseys and numbers are omitted? Are the sponsors below part of their NIL deals?

image.jpeg.443eb54838c077badf47440269314327.jpeg

not thinking this means much at all either way.  my son, who already informed coach that he isn't coming back is currently training kids in the campus facilities.  he's just trying to make money before leaving.  

• Like 1

Just watched Teri Moren's pre-game presser for the tournament.

You can't imagine a greater divide between her presser which is full of energy, confidence, and realism vs Woodson's endless cassette tape loop of "we have to get over the hump".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just watched Teri Moren's pre-game presser for the tournament.

You can't imagine a greater divide between her presser which is full of energy, confidence, and realism vs Woodson's endless cassette tape loop of "we have to get over the hump".

Moren’s a program builder

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

Ugh. 

he's a piece next year hopefully IU is in a position that he is back up getting 10 min a game, but bigger picture is 2 and 3 years from now. 

Doesn't seem like the type of kid to shy away from putting in work to get better. personal feeling.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, ledies22 said:

so much for the disgruntled Cupps rumors...?

That kid was making 2mil NIL a year.  N freaking way he was ever leaving IU, and his volleyball player girlfriend is at IU.  He didn't even need to announce.  And why is everyone announcing they are coming back.  Unless you hit the portal, we can assume you're still on the team.

• DC2345 changed the title to IUBB '24/‘25

This is what I'd like to see. The last roster spot could go to someone that can play the 4/5. 

1. Perkins, Walker, Cupps 

2. Conwell, Hickman, Newton

3. Tucker, Galloway, Leal

4. Mgbako,  

5. Reneau, Bradshaw 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

That kid was making 2mil NIL a year.  N freaking way he was ever leaving IU, and his volleyball player girlfriend is at IU.  He didn't even need to announce.  And why is everyone announcing they are coming back.  Unless you hit the portal, we can assume you're still on the team.

I see people on various message boards put numbers out that amaze me. Are these things part of public records? I wouldn't think so, but if not, is there reputable source for these figures?

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

This is what I'd like to see. The last roster spot could go to someone that can play the 4/5. 

4. Mgbako,  

5. Reneau, Bradshaw 

Is that Bradshaw from UK, is he in the portal. I hope Thornton is our starting PG next year

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Who is paying Cupps 2M? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Who is paying Cupps 2M? 

I don’t know his specifics but not all is from the collective that all the players on the team are a part of. I’m sure A LOT of that is due to how famous he is on social media (in large part due to his connection to Lebron and his son.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

4. Mgbako,  

5. Reneau, Bradshaw 

You're leaving a scholly on the table there DC.  :coffee:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Is that Bradshaw from UK, is he in the portal. I hope Thornton is our starting PG next year

Perkins is more likely and IU won’t get both. Bradshaw hasn’t entered yet but he will 

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DC2345 said:

4. Mgbako,  

5. Reneau, Bradshaw 

First of all, holy hell... that would be one tremendous portal haul. 

Do you have reason to believe we'll get Bradshaw? 

Edited by btownqb

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

First of all, holy hell... that would be one tremendous portal haul. 

I do think that or something similar is possible. Things are trending well with Perkins and Tucker. We'll see what happens when Hickman and Walker visit but I think they'll have a good shot. I believe Blazi will be the 13th player honestly. We won't know on Conwell until their season finishes. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I do think that or something similar is possible. Things are trending well with Perkins and Tucker. We'll see what happens when Hickman and Walker visit but I think they'll have a good shot. I believe Blazi will be the 13th player honestly. We won't know on Conwell until their season finishes. 

Bradshaw fits well. Do you have any info on him, outside of you think he'll get in the portal?

I think he fits better with MR than Kel'el. I don't think he'd have to start, though. 

This is actually a pretty good start to the portal season, we just have to finish now.