IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

17 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

She would magically stop being able to hit a shot or free throws.

I think we go about .4-3 with this schedule.  Beat NW, lose to Nebraska, Rebound and put it to PSU away, Lose to Wisc at homee, Win at Maryland and Minnesota, lose to MSU at home to end the season.

Normally, I’d say you’re nuts thinking we’d beat Northwestern at home, but not Nebraska. I’d switch those two… then winning all three remaining road games…. I’ll take what you’re smoking. Agree with Wiscy bc I’ll be there… auto loss. Would hope we’d beat MSU at home. 

But as inconsistent and sporadic as this team is…. you could be right. Who knows! 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 6:21 AM, KoB2011 said:

Not sure I’d always want this approach, but when you’ve had as many flagrants and techs as us it would be nice if at some point there was a repercussion. 

You probably don't want this part where he's out in the middle of the court doing it when there's no time out called....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

You probably don't want this part where he's out in the middle of the court doing it when there's no time out called....

Interesting that the Albers guy didn't figure in the fact that CJ Gunn pulled his stunt against Wisconsin, and then Woody put a "DNP Coach's decision" on him for Illinois...

And for what it's worth, I thought Aikens' tech was BS too...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Normally, I’d say you’re nuts thinking we’d beat Northwestern at home, but not Nebraska. I’d switch those two… then winning all three remaining home games…. I’ll take what you’re smoking. Agree with Wiscy bc I’ll be there… auto loss. Would hope we’d beat MSU at home. 

But as inconsistent and sporadic as this team is…. you could be right. Who knows! 

I agree.  I doubt we pull the upset with Northwestern but who knows, maybe we flip the switch.  We’d have to play pretty well.  They will be very confident coming in against us.  Hopefully TG leads us to glory.  He will fight.  

Against Purdue Leal and Cupps played a combined 34 minutes, and were 0-3 from the field and scored 0 points. I’m not blaming them for the loss, but you can’t win with that type of production from your guards. They’re not even looking to score, and that’s not sustainable. Good or bad, at least when Gunn comes in you have to guard him, because he’s going to let it fly.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Against Purdue Leal and Cupps played a combined 34 minutes, and were 0-3 from the field and scored 0 points. I’m not blaming them for the loss, but you can’t win with that type of production from your guards. They’re not even looking to score, and that’s not sustainable. Good or bad, at least when Gunn comes in you have to guard him, because he’s going to let it fly.

I’m not sure you have to guard him, but get your point. 

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just a hypothetical question for which I have no clue! Jakai? Anything on him at all? If he were possible for the BIG tournament would he still be able to apply for a medical redshirt?

Not sure -- even hypothetically -- that he would be productive at this point. Not only has he missed significant amount of time, there is a huge assumption that simply playing him gives him the wherewithal to understand spacing and deal with the overall pace/speed of the game. Not to mention, all the teams in the BIG Tournament are *more* well oiled simply because of the time/games played and practiced up to that point.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Just a hypothetical question for which I have no clue! Jakai? Anything on him at all? If he were possible for the BIG tournament would he still be able to apply for a medical redshirt?

He returned too early from the injury in high school. Don’t think that will happen again 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He returned too early from the injury in high school. Don’t think that will happen again 

Pushing it his Senior yr for what, 1 or 2 games, cost him another YEAR (maybe not directly).... Lets hope he learned from that for his life (not bball only). Sadly, and its a damn hard lesson and roll of the dice, but he may never recover to his potential. 

Rolling with X this year was better odds than letting Jakai use the last few games, at the end of a season, to plan for next year. Start from scratch, brand new next year. This year is dead, just let it play out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Pushing it his Senior yr for what, 1 or 2 games, cost him another YEAR (maybe not directly).... Lets hope he learned from that for his life (not bball only). Sadly, and its a damn hard lesson and roll of the dice, but he may never recover to his potential. 

Rolling with X this year was better odds than letting Jakai use the last few games, at the end of a season, to plan for next year. Start from scratch, brand new next year. This year is dead, just let it play out. 

I’m not gonna criticize the kid for wanting to help his team in the playoffs if his senior year. Plus he was the victim of doctors who misdiagnosed his injury, which contributed to it not healing properly 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m not gonna criticize the kid for wanting to help his team in the playoffs if his senior year. Plus he was the victim of doctors who misdiagnosed his injury, which contributed to it not healing properly 

If my comment came across as blaming the kid, that was 100% totally NOT my intention. I double dog swear! 

But either way whom ever is to own the blame, I hope Jakai uses it as a lesson for later in life, There is a time when "its" right" and when "it's not". Valuable life lesson was my point for a young man, growing into a grown man.

• Like 1

Dang. I'm just realizing how beneficial out upcoming schedule is. It'd be nice if this team could put a few wins together. Wisconsin is in a mini slump and MSU at home. However, I will predict we go 3-4. Unfortunately, I think we only win one of our remaining home games (Nebraska). NW will suffocate our guards per usual and Wiscy/MSU are just better teams. On the road I just don't think we have the discipline to win back to back games. 

2/18/2024, Sun Northwestern FS1 3:00 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
2/21/2024, Wed Nebraska BTN 8:30 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
2/24/2024, Sat Penn State BTN 12:00 PM University Park, Pa. A
2/27/2024, Tue Wisconsin Peacock 7:00 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
3/3/2024, Sun Maryland CBS 2:00 PM College Park, Md. A
3/6/2024, Wed Minnesota BTN 9:00 PM Minneapolis, Minn. A
3/10/2024, Sun Michigan State CBS 4:30 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
Edited by tdhoosier

26 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Dang. I'm just realizing how beneficial out upcoming schedule is. It'd be nice if this team could put a few wins together. Wisconsin is in a mini slump and MSU at home. However, I will predict we go 3-4. Unfortunately, I think we only win one of our remaining home games (Nebraska). NW will suffocate our guards per usual and Wiscy/MSU are just better teams. On the road I just don't think we have the discipline to win back to back games. 

2/18/2024, Sun Northwestern FS1 3:00 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
2/21/2024, Wed Nebraska BTN 8:30 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
2/24/2024, Sat Penn State BTN 12:00 PM University Park, Pa. A
2/27/2024, Tue Wisconsin Peacock 7:00 PM Bloomington, Ind. H
3/3/2024, Sun Maryland CBS 2:00 PM College Park, Md. A
3/6/2024, Wed Minnesota BTN 9:00 PM Minneapolis, Minn. A
3/10/2024, Sun Michigan State CBS 4:30 PM Bloomington, Ind. H

To not finish in the top 5 in a historically bad B1G this season is inexcusable. The B1G has 4 teams in the NET top 50. The Big 12 has 10!. Big East has 6. The Mountain West has 6. The SEC has 7 and SC is #51. ACC has 5. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have one or know of a tool that would give us what if scenarios? I see that we shoot 66% from FT line and I believe that's ranked in the 300's. I'd love to know if there is a site where we could if those numbers went up to say 72% what would it mean for wins and losses,etc...

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Does anyone have one or know of a tool that would give us what if scenarios? I see that we shoot 66% from FT line and I believe that's ranked in the 300's. I'd love to know if there is a site where we could if those numbers went up to say 72% what would it mean for wins and losses,etc...

I doubt it would effect it that much since most of our losses has been blowouts 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt it would effect it that much since most of our losses has been blowouts 

It would have potentially mattered in two games, Rutgers and NW at home. At Rutgers, IU was 4-15 and lost by nine. But even at 80%, they lose by one. Against NW, they were 12-21 and lost by 4. At 80%, it's OT or they win by one. 

IU was 15-22 against KS, but KU was 17-24, and IU lost by 4. 

But the median FT% in CBB is 71.6%, so at the median, it would make no difference. Only two teams are +80% on the season. 

Butler is 5th at 79.1% and IN ST is 11th at 78.2%. 

FT shooting has been miserable, but it isn't the reason for the record. 

• Like 1