IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

9 hours ago, DWB said:

I was flipping back and forth between the Men's and women's games. There was one very striking difference: The women's team moves the ball with pace, both up the floor, ,and particularly in each and every pass they make.

The men's team (mainly X) walks the ball up the court, and every pass is non-chalant. I bet it never gets above 2 mph. We had at least 2-3 steals against us because of lazy passes.

It's so fundamental. I learned how to pass in the 6th grade....

And we may have some talented players, but they're not mentally tough. Not even close. Cupps, Gallo, and Walker are mentally tough in my book. But no one else comes to mind. Maybe Leal.

I've been saying for a while, it's like the intent is there but the execution on EVERYTHING is 1-2 seconds slow. There simply isn't that much tolerance, even against terrible teams at this level that actually give a sh#$ about winning. Last night, they moved most of those minus 1-2 second decisions to the 1-2 seconds in advance side of the graph or at least to even.

I'll add, coach doesn't make those cuts, passes or shot attempts. But then again, he hasn't sent a player to the bus in mid game for being lazy either. traffic goes both ways.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The coaches were saying to foul, they just didn't mean Malik.

It was smart to use the fouls we had, Malik just has to not be stupid and realize he has four fouls. 

Transparency I am a huge lover of MR...

Now, in that instance, we all from our couches have the benefit of clarity and probably decades of instant (with no repercussions) basketball decision making under our belts. Any player ( in this instance it's MR) feels like they need to make a decision in 1 second or less, during actual live fire. No second guessing, no effing around, you here foul foul foul and YOU (MR) are the one guarding the ball, soooo ya gotta think the bench is screaming at you.

MR shouldn't have fouled, buuuuuut. If the wise staff was yelling switch, or help or GALLOW GALLLOW... Just sayin.

Also yes, Ye does protest too me, me thinks. ... and I want to cry with him everytime. :)

5 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Transparency I am a huge lover of MR...

Now, in that instance, we all from our couches have the benefit of clarity and probably decades of instant (with no repercussions) basketball decision making under our belts. Any player ( in this instance it's MR) feels like they need to make a decision in 1 second or less, during actual live fire. No second guessing, no effing around, you here foul foul foul and YOU (MR) are the one guarding the ball, soooo ya gotta think the bench is screaming at you.

MR shouldn't have fouled, buuuuuut. If the wise staff was yelling switch, or help or GALLOW GALLLOW... Just sayin.

Also yes, Ye does protest too me, me thinks. ... and I want to cry with him everytime. :)

100% don’t blame MR

Glad it was intentional…otherwise it’s the dumbest foul ever 

He had quite a battle with Wahl going 

• Like 1

IMG_5357.thumb.jpeg.02e52b658f7f26407cb22abc3a70b283.jpegIMG_5359.thumb.jpeg.28696e6c57a32ae982a4568a75900098.jpeg

I realize this is incredibly unlikely. But here is what Team Rankings gives our updated chances of making the tournament after Minny. What's interesting is they think 20 wins gives us a 72% chance. If you beat MSU and win 2 in the B1G tourney that's 20.. I personally think we probably have to at least make it to the B1G final to have a real chance without an auto-bid, which we'd be at 21 if we lost there.. Let's get some March magic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Yeah I think if we survive until Sunday then we have a fair shot to get in, otherwise not seeing it. 

Probably need a win over Purdue to be considered. IU is currently 95 in the NET. Rutgers had the highest NET to ever get a bid at 77

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I watched the game on mute last night. Did they ever say anything about Walker?  Is he okay?  That looked bad. 

Haven’t seen anything but he was smiling on the sideline. Looked like hyperextended his knee to me.

• Thanks 1

trying the optimistic thing after being completely beaten down last night - if we could finish as the 6th seed in the BTT, we could realistically win the first 2 rounds.  obviously that assumes we win Sunday.  while i don't find those 3 things extremely likely, any chance at all that would get us in the tourney?  what if we won 3 rounds?  i know.  i know.  what if pigs could fly?  i am super curious to see if all of this negative buzz with Liam has any impact on our effort Sunday.  they are just young men who obviously hear things that are going on.  do they care?  will it tick them off?  will it bum them out?

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

trying the optimistic thing after being completely beaten down last night - if we could finish as the 6th seed in the BTT, we could realistically win the first 2 rounds.  obviously that assumes we win Sunday.  while i don't find those 3 things extremely likely, any chance at all that would get us in the tourney?  what if we won 3 rounds?  i know.  i know.  what if pigs could fly?  i am super curious to see if all of this negative buzz with Liam has any impact on our effort Sunday.  they are just young men who obviously hear things that are going on.  do they care?  will it tick them off?  will it bum them out?

We need to win the tournament to get in. Don’t think there’s any other way. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KDB said:

Team Rankings updated after IU’s win against Michigan State.

IMG_5374.thumb.jpeg.45e61371a31cb07e5e3ca8ea23f8801b.jpegIMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.8e0a9d4012ebcdefa44910df518410df.jpeg

Well, maybe it wasn’t updated. 

Bumped up to a 31.9% of getting in this morning.

- 37.7% with one win in BTT.

- 65% with 2 wins in BTT.

- 89.9% with 3 wins in BTT.

I think these percentages are more optimistic than reality, but it’s still fun to look at and have some hope. One game at a time!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KDB said:

IMG_5374.thumb.jpeg.45e61371a31cb07e5e3ca8ea23f8801b.jpegIMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.8e0a9d4012ebcdefa44910df518410df.jpeg

Well, maybe it wasn’t updated. 

Bumped up to a 31.9% of getting in this morning.

- 37.7% with one win in BTT.

- 65% with 2 wins in BTT.

- 89.9% with 3 wins in BTT.

I think these percentages are more optimistic than reality, but it’s still fun to look at and have some hope. One game at a time!

In contrast to this, with a run to the BTT final, Torvik's sim has us as the 8th team out of the tournament.

Safe to say we probably need to win the BTT to get in, but I feel like we'd have to at least be considered if we get to the BTT final. I think the NET is overvalued. MSU should not be in if we're not even in the discussion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KDB said:

In contrast to this, with a run to the BTT final, Torvik's sim has us as the 8th team out of the tournament.

Safe to say we probably need to win the BTT to have a chance, but I feel like we'd have to at least be considered if we get to the BTT final. I think the NET is overvalued. MSU should not be in if we're not even in the discussion.

I think a 21-14 Indiana team that is 13-11 against B1G teams and would have won 7 of 8, would need a long look before being left out. Not really sure I'd care about the metrics at that point. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

Safe to say we probably need to win the BTT to have a chance, but I feel like we'd have to at least be considered if we get to the BTT final. I think the NET is overvalued. MSU should not be in if we're not even in the discussion.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I do think a 21-14 Indiana team that is 13-11 against BTT teams and would have won 7 of 8, would need a long look before being left out. Not really sure I'd care about the metrics at that point. 

Just piggybacking not calling out because all I have is a question without an answer. The CFP left FSU out of the football playoffs because of key injury! Does the Tournament committee take into account season long injuries with respect to teams suddenly playing up to expectations with the return of a key player?

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just piggybacking not calling out because all I have is a question without an answer. The CFP left FSU out of the football playoffs because of key injury! Does the Tournament committee take into account season long injuries with respect to teams suddenly playing up to expectations with the return of a key player?

I do believe the committee factors injuries into their selection.