IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Thats the play, everyone can judge how they want, so long as no one tries to say it was some minimal amount of contact. 

If that is an F1, and I just use this example, because it is the easiest, I would say Edey should have 2-3 F1 a game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Thats the play, everyone can judge how they want, so long as no one tries to say it was some minimal amount of contact. 

I understand that’s a flagrant by rule, but that just tells me the rule needs to change.

• Like 2

On handling outside negativity...

Galloway: “Yeah, I mean I don’t mind that at all. I try to keep my focus on my guys and my team. I’m not worried about what everybody else, what the outside noise is saying because when you start to worry about it, that’s when it starts to affect you. So you can’t worry about it because it’s all nonsense. 

• Like 4

On 2/7/2024 at 1:57 PM, KoB2011 said:

There was contact, to me the contact was caused by the reaction to the initial foul and the fact that Peyton is a tall guy so when he pushes the fouler off the arm was high.

I don't have an issue with them calling that as long as they also call Edey every time he takes his arm/elbow and puts it into the chin of his defender to make space for a shot.  He does that at least once every game.  At least.  And by the letter of the law those should be fouls too.  "OH my, how do we officiate him because of his size?" say the stupid BIG refs.  Well you do the way you do with everyone else.  The reason he gets the sh*t fouled out of him is because of how physical he is allowed to be IMO.  Start calling that physicality both ways and it clears right up.  Either he figures out how to get his shot without the elbows to the head or he sits on the bench in foul trouble.  And if he isn't throwing elbows, then defenders need to out athlete him by taking away passing angles and such.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:57 PM, KoB2011 said:

I'll go ahead and say it. That was a minimal amount of contact. If you've ever really taken one to the face that's nothing. Didn't even look like he got an elbow. Looked like all forearm to me. 

Edited by mrflynn03

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

7 games left.  What do you think we have left in the tank?  Over/under 2.5 wins?  

Northwestern

Nebraska

@Penn St

Wisconsin

@Maryland

@Minnesota

Michigan State

I think we get 3 more.

I’m a realist, not a pessimist or optimist.  Realistically, as of now, I don’t think we’ll be favored in any of those games.  I can see us beating Nebraska because they haven’t been good on the road.  But I would have to go under 2.5.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

I’m a realist, not a pessimist or optimist.  Realistically, as of now, I don’t think we’ll be favored in any of those games.  I can see us beating Nebraska because they haven’t been good on the road.  But I would have to go under 2.5.

So a 16-15 final record and likely starting over from almost scratch next year.

I think we see at least 6 new faces next year which provides for another built in excuse....but hey, about another month and we are on to the only part of the season that matters at Indiana anymore.  The delusional season where we convince ourselves that all these new guys are awesome and we are finally gonna turn it around next year, just you see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So a 16-15 final record and likely starting over from almost scratch next year.

I think we see at least 6 new faces next year which provides for another built in excuse....but hey, about another month and we are on to the only part of the season that matters at Indiana anymore.  The delusional season where we convince ourselves that all these new guys are awesome and we are finally gonna turn it around next year, just you see.

so i totally believe that Woodson will not be fired after this season.  my question is - if we got 16-15 and then lose in the first round of BTT to end 16-16 is there any chance that he is frustrated enough to step down?  coupled with all the grumblings?  

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so i totally believe that Woodson will not be fired after this season.  my question is - if we got 16-15 and then lose in the first round of BTT to end 16-16 is there any chance that he is frustrated enough to step down?  coupled with all the grumblings?  

Doesn't sound like it to me.  He is going to want to prove that this year was a fluke.

18 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I think I came up with a solution to our shooting problems….lets move Sara Scalia over to the men’s team for the rest of the year. She’s shooting 89% from the FT line and 46% from 3… problem solved.

The coaching staff wouldn't know how to use her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I think I came up with a solution to our shooting problems….lets move Sara Scalia over to the men’s team for the rest of the year. She’s shooting 89% from the FT line and 46% from 3… problem solved.

She would magically stop being able to hit a shot or free throws.

13 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

7 games left.  What do you think we have left in the tank?  Over/under 2.5 wins?  

Northwestern

Nebraska

@Penn St

Wisconsin

@Maryland

@Minnesota

Michigan State

I think we get 3 more.

I think we go about .4-3 with this schedule.  Beat NW, lose to Nebraska, Rebound and put it to PSU away, Lose to Wisc at homee, Win at Maryland and Minnesota, lose to MSU at home to end the season.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

She would magically stop being able to hit a shot or free throws.

I think we go about .4-3 with this schedule.  Beat NW, lose to Nebraska, Rebound and put it to PSU away, Lose to Wisc at homee, Win at Maryland and Minnesota, lose to MSU at home to end the season.

i'd be happy with 4-3 from here.