IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Has Leal given any indication on whether he intends to play his additional season next year? It seems like he has a great mind for business and already has his career started. I'd love to have another year with him in whatever role the team needs. 

He was on a local radio show in Indy and said he does have another year. He said he hasn't thought about next year but would like to play but it he doesn't know yet

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Has Leal given any indication on whether he intends to play his additional season next year? It seems like he has a great mind for business and already has his career started. I'd love to have another year with him in whatever role the team needs. 

Not sure. I don't think we've heard anything definitive on either Leal or Galloway. 

I'd love to have them both back, though there would definitely need to be other backcourt/wing changes around them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BGleas said:

Not sure. I don't think we've heard anything definitive on either Leal or Galloway. 

I'd love to have them both back, though there would definitely need to be other backcourt/wing changes around them. 

For sure. In a perfect world Galloway is a sixth man, energy guy next season. Leal would provide leadership, depth, and experience.  He's already demonstrated he thrives in that role, and doesn't require many minutes, if any, to be valuable to the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I believe Sam Story said in his newsletter that Galloway would be back for a 5th year. That was the only “definitive” info I had seen about it. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

world Galloway is a sixth man, energy guy next season. Leal would provide leadership, depth, and experience.  He's already demonstrated he thrives in that role, and doesn't require many minutes, if any, to be valuable to the team.

I don't mind Galloway as a starter, especially if you have LM and MM at the 3 & 4 next year. Bring in a portal PG who can shoot as well, and Galloway's streakiness isn't an issue. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't mind Galloway as a starter, especially if you have LM and MM at the 3 & 4 next year. Bring in a portal PG who can shoot as well, and Galloway's streakiness isn't an issue. 

Counting the KU games (the last 14 games)--- he's avg 34MPG-- 13p 4.5a 3r 48% FG 36% 3pt A/T ratio of 2:1+

Pushes tempo, can guard multiple positions, and rebounds fine for a guard... in his last 7 he's shooting 38% from 3. 

---------------------------

Prior to KU--- 9 games-- 9ppg 3a 2r 44%FG 13% 3pt

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

Hot Take 

Leal & TG are not your problem 

Did CMW promise playing time to everyone but Leal? 

This just proves my theory that he just recruits stars and can’t use shooters like MK or AL 

PS. Great win last night…getting T’d up showed somebody cared 

Refs & replay were brutal 

F1 fouls are out of control 

6 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Hot Take 

Leal & TG are not your problem 

Did CMW promise playing time to everyone but Leal? 

This just proves my theory that he just recruits stars and can’t use shooters like MK or AL 

PS. Great win last night…getting T’d up showed somebody cared 

Refs & replay were brutal 

F1 fouls are out of control 

1. AL isn't a "shooter" Hulls/Zeisloft of the world are shooters. 

2. I agree, they aren't our problem.

3. Malik must have said some magic words, that was a QUICK T out of half time. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1. AL isn't a "shooter" Hulls/Zeisloft of the world are shooters. 

2. I agree, they aren't our problem.

3. Malik must have said some magic words, that was a QUICK T out of half time. 

I loved the T. I sat on my couch and said, "For f*** sake. Someone finally cares."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I didn’t see the game. Did Malik get T’d up? And what for? Did we have a flagrant as well, or same instance?

Malik got t’d up for yelling at a ref about a no call. It was great to see some emotion.

Sparks got an F1 on a drive in the first half. He got fouled (which they called) and then Sparks put his forearm up to fight through the contact and caught Key in the face. It was the right call, but it was also just an unfortunate basketball play. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Malik got t’d up for yelling at a ref about a no call. It was great to see some emotion.

Sparks got an F1 on a drive in the first half. He got fouled (which they called) and then Sparks put his forearm up to fight through the contact and caught Key in the face. It was the right call, but it was also just an unfortunate basketball play. 

@kyhoosier29 sparks was driving and the arm flailed as he was trying to knock off the two hand hold. I didnt like the call, because on the drive it was a basketball play. If that's called. Everything else should be called. basketball play or not. Consistency is all i ask for whether i agree with it or not.  

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I didn’t see the game. Did Malik get T’d up? And what for? Did we have a flagrant as well, or same instance?

I’m not claiming he’s perfect but I find Malik to be very easy to root for.  I like him a lot.  

Fischer can be very telling since he is around the guys.  He said Malik is a great kid.  Sometimes with Don, it’s what he doesn’t say.  He just won’t say anything.  So, if he says Malik is a great kid, you can 100% believe him.   

edit. Sorry Ky, I attached this to the wrong message. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not claiming he’s perfect but I find Malik to be very easy to root for.  I like him a lot.  

Fischer can be very telling since he is around the guys.  He said Malik is a great kid.  Sometimes with Don, it’s what he doesn’t say.  He just won’t say anything.  So, if he says Malik is a great kid, you can 100% believe him.   

All good. Glad to hear. I certainly don’t “dislike” him by any means (I don’t dislike any of them… not even XJ), I just wish he’d put the same amount of effort on the defensive end and on the boards as he does on the offensive end, and stop turning it over. Last night he answered the call. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's insane that is considered an F1. We have deviated too far from actual basketball for Peyton's play to be considered.... anything. 

If you stick your jaw/chin in someone to guard, you might get clocked. Idk why it needs to have a separate category. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He had Leal/Galloway in bear hugs coming off the court last night. Couldn't have been a bigger smile on his face. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, btownqb said:

It's insane that is considered an F1. We have deviated too far from actual basketball for Peyton's play to be considered.... anything. 

If you stick your jaw/chin in someone to guard, you might get clocked. Idk why it needs to have a separate category. 

I mean I don’t really care what the rule should be, it was a pretty easy call with what the rule is. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not surprised. Our starting lineup with Cupps is also a really efficient lineup. 

I think what that graphic really shows is how important Ware is. Surround Ware with smart, steady guys that play hard and you're going to be in games typically. 

Even last night, once he went out OSU took control of the game. When he came back in the 2nd half IU got back in it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It clearly wasn't an easy call lol... they went to the monitor for quite a while. 

Taking a flailing elbow is the risk you take for playing the game.

It's not like he grabbed a rebound and started swinging his elbows around to clear out. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Taking a flailing elbow is the risk you take for playing the game.

It's not like he grabbed a rebound and started swinging his elbows around to clear out. 

Yep. Agree, I don't think it should be all that difficult for officials/rules committee to understand the difference. 

• Like 1

I don't know the letter of the law, but refs have to take into account that a guy just got fouled. Sure, if you elbow someone in the face as you drive, I'm fine with that as an F1 - you shouldn't do that normally, but when you just got hit, your arms go up to balance/protect yourself, you're going to be in an unnatural position as you react unsure if the whistle will blow. There should be a lot of leeway to not be in a natural basketball position after getting fouled.

• Like 2