IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We play Purdue next week, is anyone looking forward to that game? Genuinely would love to hear from even one person who is excited for it. 

I’ve quit going and have started scheduling work without scheduling around the reminder of this seasons schedule. I’ll be in Boulder meeting with an investment group. I’ll probably do like today and just check in towards the end.

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We play Purdue next week, is anyone looking forward to that game? Genuinely would love to hear from even one person who is excited for it. 

No, but I’m really looking forward to possibly finishing 11th in the B1G and losing to MI in the first game of the BTT

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kdug said:

The scary thing is that home vs Penn State was by far the easiest game we had left. There’s a chance we’re underdogs in every remaining game on the schedule. 

i don't really look these things up, but someone posted that at this minute we are considered dawgs in all remaining games.  i guess at the same time it has us predicted at 16-15.  i guess that's assuming we pull a couple "upsets."  crazy to think where we are.  super hard to imagine next year being better.  

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't really look these things up, but someone posted that at this minute we are considered dawgs in all remaining games.  i guess at the same time it has us predicted at 16-15.  i guess that's assuming we pull a couple "upsets."  crazy to think where we are.  super hard to imagine next year being better.  

For better or worse as of now it looks like our hopes for next year are tied to the  portal. That’s kind of a 50/50 proposition to me. @5fouls has made some good posts about reliance on the portal that I agree with. We just don’t seem to have any other options for next year with only one player committed. Plus if the staff is feeling any heat at all, they aren’t going to want to roll into next year with a bunch of unproven freshmen that need time to develop. They will be looking for win now guys. This off season is going to be fascinating to watch unfold. The portal threads in the recruiting forum have the potential to be epic. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Most analytics will give a win probability for each game. So if we’re given a 40% chance of winning 3 straight games, we won’t be predicted to win any of them individually, but collectively we’d be expected to win one. So that’d be how we’re underdogs in the remaining games, but still expected to pick up a few wins. The home games vs Nebraska and Northwestern are probably our best chances for a win, but I think we matchup terribly with both.

And agreed, it’s tough to be hopeful that things will be better next year. It feels like there needs to be some fundamental changes with Woodson’s system, but it’s hard to see any signs that he’ll make the needed changes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

We haven’t seen numbers this low since early Crean years…and despite some bad play, Archie’s teams didn’t come close to being ranked in the hundreds. Real tough times. Program needs to really look at itself hard. We’ve nosedived in these rankings. Is this the style we want to play? 

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

We haven’t seen numbers this low since early Crean years…and despite some bad play, Archie’s teams didn’t come close to being ranked in the hundreds. Real tough times. Program needs to really look at itself hard. We’ve nosedived in these rankings. Is this the style we want to play? 

Style of play, but also the effort. That's the most concerning thing to me. Effort on defense,  rebounding, and going for loose balls. Just a general lack of energy by the team and coaches. I'm not sure that's correctable at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree right up until the very last part of the last tweet. Maybe predicting things would go this badly wasn't possible, but also planning on getting "good" X all season was something that was always a silly idea. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree right up until the very last part of the last tweet. Maybe predicting things would go this badly wasn't possible, but also planning on getting "good" X all season was something that was always a silly idea. 

This is why I want three new guards.  Even if you get a lead guard who can start, what if he gets hurt?  Then you’re looking at this year’s backcourt again.  Point guard, shooting guard and combo guard, please.  

• Like 7

I think an interesting note with Leal playing more is that in the Iowa game Leal and Galloway combined for 14 rebounds and last night they combined for 12. 

In both games we outrebounded our opponents. It takes so much pressure off both the defense and offense when you hold teams to just 1 shot. 

Something to keep watching as Leal most likely continues to play more. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Scheduling question. After our Purdue game we have another 8 days off. Maybe it's just me but I feel like this will be our 3rd stretch of the season with a full week off. Is everyone else in Big 10 like this? 

I know it's random just curious.

I hate the long breaks in conference season. I like to keep momentum rolling, or have a short time to get back at it after a bad loss. It was great for them to have a short turnaround after last Saturday. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Scheduling question. After our Purdue game we have another 8 days off. Maybe it's just me but I feel like this will be our 3rd stretch of the season with a full week off. Is everyone else in Big 10 like this? 

I know it's random just curious.

It is normal and Purdue has a week break right now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I think an interesting note with Leal playing more is that in the Iowa game Leal and Galloway combined for 14 rebounds and last night they combined for 12. 

In both games we outrebounded our opponents. It takes so much pressure off both the defense and offense when you hold teams to just 1 shot. 

Something to keep watching as Leal most likely continues to play more. 

Has Leal given any indication on whether he intends to play his additional season next year? It seems like he has a great mind for business and already has his career started. I'd love to have another year with him in whatever role the team needs.